Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Event Location :
- British Columbia, CA
Injury prevention and Performance Workshop by SportMedBC introductory safety and performance tips designed to help parents, coaches and managers understand how to better prepare athletes, prevent injuries and facilitate the development of children in athletics.
Topics covered include sport preparation, recognition and management of common injuries and recover.
In a fast-moving, 90 minutes workshop, SportSmart participants will learn:
- The proper components of a warm up
- The proper components of a cool down
- The fundamentals of stretching
- Equipment safety
- Injury prevention strengthening and stretching exercises for:
- ACL Injury
- Shoulder injury
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Shin Splints (Medial tibial stress syndrome)
- Recovery through nutrition
- Where to find the most up to date sport safety resources and tools
* BCRPA Continuing Education Credit : 1.5
Please note that we will be using Zoom platform for this course, you will receive a Zoom invite 24 hrs before the start of each virtual class. Instructions will be provided in the invite. We suggest you familiarize yourself with this platform and its policies prior to your scheduled class.
Date: November 26, 2020
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Online platform
Fee: $15 (+GST)