Air Quality Health Index Module
There is a wide understanding of how to protect participants from lightning, yet few understand how to protect sport participants from poor air quality. In this module, you will learn how to do just that!
The learning module is hosted in the Coaching Association of Canada’s Locker, which is the central location to easily access, manage, and maintain your coach training and records. To access this free training you will need an NCCP number. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create one. Once you click on this link you will be redirected to the Locker to either complete module or create your NCCP account.
The Air Quality Health Index presents the relative health risk for short-term exposure to common air pollutants on a scale of 1 to 10+. Download the infographic about the different forms of air pollution and how to assess risk using the AQHI.
Particulate Matter (PM)
Provincial Air Quality Index
|Alberta||British Colombia||Manitoba||New Brunswick||Newfoundland & Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Nova Scotia||Nunavut||Ontario||Prince Edward Island|
- How to use the Air Quality Health Index
- How can you improve air quality?
- Air Quality and Outdoor Sport Safety: A Policy Guide for Canadian Sport Organizations
- Understanding Air Quality: A Guiding Document For Sport Organizations
- Let’s talk about air pollution: Keeping outdoor sport participants safe