Call for Applications: Equestrian Canada National Coaching Technical Committee
Equestrian Canada – Ottawa, ON, May 7, 2018 – Equestrian Canada (EC) is accepting applications from individuals interested in volunteering on EC’s new National Coaching Technical Committee (NCTC) until the deadline of May 18, 2018.
About the NCTC
A new operational committee of EC, the NCTC will work collaboratively with EC, the Provincial and Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSOs), and the EC National Coaching Operations Committee (NCOC). The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) will have an advisory role on the committee to ensure national sporting organization best practices are incorporated into the equestrian National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) stream.
The NCTC will be tasked with reviewing and further developing coaching certification and athlete development pathways for each equestrian discipline, from the grassroots through to the high performance level.
Specific areas of concentration will include:
- Reviewing and refining existing coaching and athlete development programs for the equestrian community.
- Developing new coaching and athlete development education resources and programs.
- Creating initiatives and content that is relevant, accurate, appropriate and effective in meeting the growth of coaching and athlete development today, and into the future.
Important Information for Candidates
Prospective NCTC committee members will require a strong background in coaching and athlete development, and NCCP skills, and/or NCCP Equestrian Master Coach Developer credentials are preferred. Before applying, candidates should consider the following:
- As a new committee, the NCTC will require a significant investment of time to get up and running, and members will be expected to review and respond to tasks in a timely manner.
- The majority of committee interaction will be via conference call and digital communications rather than face-to-face meetings.
- Committee members must be Registered Participants or Sport Licence Holders in good standing with EC.
- Committee members will be appointed by the EC senior leadership for a three (3) year term.
- In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, relevant experience and competency, as well as gender, regional, technical, and linguistic balance.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in volunteering as a member of the NCTC are invited to apply. Applications should include:
- An expression of interest letter
- Three (3) reference letters
- A bio outlining relevant skills, credentials and experience
- The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence or Registered Participant number must be included in the application
Applications, questions and comments can be sent to Jennifer Eastwood at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is May 18, 2018 at 5 p.m. EDT.
– 30 –
EC Media Contact: