Volleyball Canada is a not-for-profit that provides leadership and oversees the development of Volleyball in Canada. It is a fast-paced environment. This position is a first point of contact in the national office. Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and outgoing personality are a definite asset. Work is completed independently with general supervision. Travel and weekend work may be required. This position reports to the Office Manager.
Volleyball Canada is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all respects, including hiring a workforce that is reflective of the diverse population of Canada with respect to age, gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexual orientation, education and culture. We actively encourage applications from persons who identify as women, indigenous peoples, person with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and members of visible minorities. Self-identification by candidates is completely voluntary.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Office administration
- Administration for the Referee Development Program
- Responsible for E-shop, shipping and receiving
- Financial administration and support
- Detailed job description on next page
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, athletes, volunteers, suppliers, and the public in a pleasant and professional manner
- Ability to show leadership to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office is required.
- The ability to work independently demonstrating good judgment, analytical, negotiation and business skills in a fast-paced environment with many conflicting priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and an outgoing personality.
- A valid driver’s license, and access to a vehicle
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Previous experience with accounting software considered an asset.
Term: This is a full-time position. Anticipated start date June 26th, 2023.
Salary: Will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Application Deadline: June 9th 2023
Please send a cover letter, a resume and three (3) references by e-mail only, to:
Thalia Hanniman- Human Resources Coordinator – Volleyball Canada – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.