Coaching Association of Canada announces 2022-2023 NSO Grant recipients
OTTAWA, ON (August 9, 2022) – The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2022-2023 National Sport Organization (NSO) Grants.
The CAC offers grants to National Sport Organizations (NSOs) that organize and operate programs and initiatives that provide opportunities for coaches. The initiatives supported by the 2022-2023 NSO Grant funding have a common goal of increasing the diversity of the coaching population, ensuring the sport community and sport environments are inclusive and accessible, and that the opportunities for coaches are equitable.
In 2019, the CAC conducted a study on coaching diversity and inclusion initiatives launched by NSOs. The goal of this research was to identify how the CAC could best support their NSO partners in achieving our collective goals for equity in coaching. In response, the CAC expanded the NSO Grant program to increase support and resources available for program development and implementation.
The CAC is pleased to support the initiatives of the ten recipients of the 2022-2023 NSO Grants: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
- Biathlon Canada, Intensive Women’s High Performance Coaching Development Program
- Bowls Canada Boulingrin, Increase Coach Diversity in Bowls
- Canadian Broomball Federation, BF2 Broomball for Fun NCCP Workshop
- Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association, Boccia Female Coach Mentorship Model
- Squash Canada, Community Squash Instructor Weekend for Women
- Canada Basketball, CBxMWBA Women in Coaching
- Cycling Canada, B.I.CYCLE HopON Instructor/Coaches Training
- Speed Skating Canada, Speed Skating Canada Women High Performance Mentorship Program
- Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada, SkiAbility Coach Developer Workshop
- Table Tennis Canada, Breaking Down Barriers with a Ping Pong Ball
About the Coaching Association of Canada
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
Manager, Marketing and Communications
Coaching Association of Canada
613-2350-5000 ext. 2353