100 DAYS UNTIL THE 2018 ATHLETESCAN FORUM
AthletesCAN – AthletesCAN is hosting the 2018 AthletesCAN Forum featuring the 41st Canadian Sport Awards and KidsCAN School Day September 20th-24th in Ottawa, Ontario at the Brookstreet Hotel.
The AthletesCAN Forum remains the largest gathering of Canada’s athlete representatives outside of competition. It brings together Canada’s high performance athletes and sport leaders to learn about the sport system, develop leadership skills, share ideas and network through interactive workshops and presentations.
The 2018 AthletesCAN Forum will examine the current sport culture and feature some of the country’s top sport leaders discussing crucial topics currently impacting #AthleteRights in the Canadian and international sport landscape. Sessions in this year’s program include but are not limited to: athlete agreements, athlete representation within governance structures, inclusion, the human rights movement in sport, anti-doping, safe sport, a national strategy for holistic athlete development and support, leadership elections and more!
Check out the 2018 AthletesCAN Forum Program here.
This year AthletesCAN is proud to be hosting as part of the Forum program:
Thursday, September 20th
- 41st Canadian Sport Awards
- Sport Caucus Meetings
- 2018 SDRCC Annual Public Meeting
Friday, September 21st
- The 13th Annual KidsCAN School Day
- The 2nd Annual NSO Forum with joint athlete-NSO sessions discussing effective athlete representation
Sunday, September 23rd
- The 4th annual Anti-Doping Advisory Committee Meeting in partnership with CCES
Monday, September 24th
- The 1st international meeting for existing and developing independent amateur athlete associations
To secure your spot at this year’s Forum, click here to register.
*AthletesCAN covers the costs of one able-bodied and one disabled athlete rep from each sport to attend the Forum.