10 Reasons to Attend the 2017 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Sportif Conference
Coaching Association Canada – The Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference (#SLS17) is Canada’s conference for coaches, researchers, sport executives, and administrators. Organized by the Coaching Association of Canada, the annual conference consists of three days of learning, professional development, and networking with the top minds and leaders of the Canadian sport, business, and education communities. Here are 10 reasons to attend #SLS17, which takes place in Calgary from November 2-4 at the Westin Calgary.
- The power of connecting. 450+ sport influencers will be in Calgary. See old friends, make new connections.
- Access to an international list of speakers, including Masamitsu Ito (Nippon Sport Science University), Kristen Dieffenbach (West Virginia University), and John Bales (ICCE).
- It’s time to celebrate! Cheer for Canada’s coaching stars at the Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala!
- Improve quality sport opportunities for newcomers and underserved youth. Carolyn Trono and a panel will share insights and solutions of their ongoing journey in delivering quality sport to the Syrian refugee community and other newcomers in Winnipeg.
- Embrace disruptive innovation. At the 2017 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference, speakers, delegates, and workshop participants will examine how we can harness and optimize opportunities to drive leadership growth and influence positive change in sport.
- Discover the latest coaching trends. Join some of Canada’s top coach education researchers to discuss how leading-edge studies can provide practical solutions to your coach education needs.
- Rethink learning. Trevor Ragan, founder of Train Ugly, sees a huge disconnect between what the science says and the way we teach and coach; it is his mission to change that.
- Discover how to thrive in the era of change. Jim Harris is one of North America’s foremost management consultants, authors, and thinkers on change and leadership. He’ll teach you how to address issues that can provide your organization with a strategic advantage.
- The reviews. Past delegates have said: “I left the conference with more than what I expected. As a whole, it was informative and inspiring.” “I had a great time and I’m able to bring back new ideas to our program.”
- Gain a coaching edge! There’s lots of professional development opportunities scheduled during the 2017 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference. Are you a certified coach? Earn PD points towards maintenance of certification just for attending!
Register today to ensure that you don’t miss out on this fantastic event! Take advantage of the early bird rate and save $150 if you register by September 7th. For more information or to register, please visit www.coach.ca/sportleadership.
For more information: