National Same Game Challenge: Call for Applications
Call for Local Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Organizations Needed for Same Game Challenge
Canadian Women & Sport is pleased to extend an invitation to sport and recreation organizations to apply for our National Same Game Challenge. This project will support local communities to advance gender equity and improve opportunities for women and girls as participants and leaders in sport.
National Same Game Challenge:
Canadian Women & Sport is pleased to extend an invitation to sport and recreation organizations across Canada to apply for the Same Game Challenge thanks to funding support from Sport Canada.
The Same Game Challenge provides education on gender equity and coaching support from Canadian Women & Sport as organizations progress through the Same Game Online Toolkit.
The Same Game online toolkit helps you bring your gender equity vision to life. You’ll walk through a systematic process for embedding gender equity into your organization – from creating your vision, to implementing initiatives, to reflecting and revising what you’ve done, and all the steps in between.
Applications are open from July 7th until July 21st, 2021
Who is eligible?
This application is open to local community sport, physical activity and recreation organizations across Canada such as minor sport organizations, recreation facilities, or other organizations that offer physical activity or sport in their community.
How will organizations benefit?
Successful applicants will receive:
- Coaching and mentorship – guidance and advice for embedding gender equity into their organizational strategies, process, and programs
- Opportunities to share and learn with others – connect with 9 other leaders who will be working through Same Game simultaneously
- Professional Development – Access to 5 free licenses of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for organization leaders
- Financial Support – $1,000 honorarium to support organizational gender equity activities
- Knowledge and Competency – Effective solutions and a better understanding of how to engage women and girls in sport
Should you have any questions regarding your submission, please contact:
Jenny Lim, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org