Virtual SPIN Summit 2020: Registration Now Open!
The SPort INnovation (SPIN) Summit is Canada’s leading edge symposium for professional development and networking in the areas of applied sport science, sports medicine, and innovation. This annual conference combines experts from around the globe to build knowledge and skills to support Olympic and Paralympic sport success through applied scientific research. The 15th annual SPIN Summit will be held virtually 21-23 October 2020.
This energetic, cutting edge conference will include a day of meetings led by the Discipline Leads of the High Performance Advisory Council (HPAC). Building off these meetings, the second and third day will be dedicated to plenary, workshop and concurrent sessions.
We are excited about Virtual SPIN Summit 2020 and encourage the sport community to join us virtually where we will learn, share, and develop in an environment committed to “Think Performance. Think Solutions!”
Submit an Abstract
Virtual SPIN Summit 2020 is issuing a call for abstracts for research in the areas of: Biomechanics and Performance Analysis; Data Sciences and Technology (Engineering); Nutrition; Physiology; Psychology; Sport Medicine; Sport Therapies; and Strength Training.
There are two categories in which abstract submissions are encouraged:
Open Research Campaign:
- CSI Employees
- Researchers embedded in National Sport Organizations
- University researchers
- Corporate/Institute Researchers
- Current post-doctoral fellowships
Young Investigator Award Competition:
- Current undergraduate and graduate students
- Recent graduates (May 2018 and later)
- Abstracts should reflect the effects of the DTE/CE on high performance.
- Please submit abstracts in either French or English.
- Maximum of 500 words.
- Abstracts must be submitted and received by October 7, 2020.
- Once an abstract has been received by the SPIN organizing committee, authors will receive a confirmation of receipt via email.
- Authors will be notified by October 12, 2020 of their invitation to present in presentation format during the conference.
- Abstracts will be published and distributed to all delegates attending Virtual SPIN Summit 2020.
- Please proof-read and edit your submission properly. Abstracts will be published as submitted.
Content of Abstract:
- Structure of abstract: purpose of the study, methods used, summary of the results and conclusion.
- Please limit the number of main authors and co-authors on an abstract to a maximum of five.
- References and credits should be included in the abstract.
- Please submit abstracts through the online registration system.
- For additional information or if you are unable to complete your online submission please feel free to contact: email@example.com
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org