UBC’s Masters of High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership continues to raise standards for sport in Canada
Canadian Sport Institute – CSI Pacific in partnership of UBC’s School of Kinesiology welcomes applications for the fifth cohort of the certificated and Masters of High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership Program. Application deadline is April 5th, 2019
VANCOUVER, BC, February 21, 2019 – Applications for the June 2019 acceptance for the Certificate of High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership program is now open. High performance coaches and technical leaders are encouraged to visit the School’s website to apply before the deadline of April 5th, 2019.
In 2015, UBC launched its Masters of High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership program with an aim to improve the quality of high performance coaching and technical leadership in Canada; enhance performance of Canadian athletes toward international podium achievement; contribute to coaching as a profession; and to recognize national coaching qualifications and higher education credentials. This professionally based Masters program seeks coaches and leaders experienced in high performance sport who wish further national coaching qualifications and gain a post-secondary degree, an important evolution for the professionalization of coaching.
The key features of the UBC Masters of High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership include:
- Targeted approach to recruiting coaches and leaders who have proven background in high performance coaching and leadership roles, and recognizes prior learning experience for flexible admission into the program.
- Professional Masters Degree which ladders from a one year graduate certificate into a two-year Masters program with an emphasis on applied research.
- A curriculum designed around four key themes: coaching effectiveness, performance planning, coaching leadership and training and competition readiness, which promotes action oriented, evidence based, and reflective practice.
- Professors who have experience in High Performance sport as coach, leader or athlete and utilize practitioners from the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific to enhance real world practical application of cutting edge sport science.
- A blended learning delivery model that accommodates full-time working professionals that includes onsite residency week with remainder of programming delivered online.
- An integrated cohort that fosters collaboration and sharing among different sport backgrounds and experiences.
To learn more about the programs or to enroll, visit the UBC School of Kinesiology’s website: http://kin.educ.ubc.ca/programs/hp-coaching/