Triathlon Canada Season Suspension until April 30
Triathlon Canada, along with our provincial partners have made the
difficult decision to suspend the triathlon event season until April 30th,
2020. As the situation is changing rapidly in Canada and around the
globe, we felt it was most prudent to
ensure we as a sport are doing our part to protect our communities and
fellow vulnerable citizens during this unprecedented time.
Our goal is to ensure that we have a successful racing season—including staging world championship events in Montreal and Edmonton later this summer. Our hope is that by taking extra precautionary measures now, we will all be able to be back on a start line as soon as possible.
This suspension may be extended upon review of the global and national situation in the coming weeks. This decision has been made in keeping with the current national and provincial recommendations around mass participation events and large public gatherings.
We will continue to provide regular updates in the coming days and weeks.
- Work within the directives of your provincial governing bodies and provincial public health agencies to guide your participation in club and training activities
- Adopt or continue to follow the social distancing protocols provided by the federal government
- Limit all non-essential international travel, and self-isolate for 14 days upon return to Canada
- Click here for the NSO/PSO/Club response outline
- Click here for an infographic regarding self-isolation for those returning to Canada
Continue to train – albeit taking precautionary measures. The season will eventually be upon us. Be well!
Kim Van Bruggen
Chief Executive Officer