February 26, 2020
Sport Events Congress 2020 – AT A GLANCE!
February 26, 2020 …..If you haven’t registered yet for the Sport Events Congress 2020 in Edmonton, the deadline is rapidly approaching.
There is so much to look forward to. See who else is attending – almost 400 members of the sport tourism industry have already confirmed their attendance and our speaker line-up is stellar.
FOMO (fear of missing out) may be in your future ….here’s what you’ll be missing:
S E C a t a G l a n c e
Monday, March 22nd (Pre-Congress)
- Welcome Social: Brews & Hues (crayons & cold beer – what could go wrong?)
Tuesday, March 23rd (Day 1)
- Sweatworking: A Morning Power Walk through the Edmonton River Valley OR an Intro to Meditation
- CSTA Members Breakfast & AGM (light breakfast + an overview of 2019 sport tourism highlights)
- Sport tourism 101 (everything that SEC first-timers or people new to the industry need to know about sport tourism)
- Marketing Small Communities (tips for bidding success specifically for smaller Canadian communities)
- Welcome luncheon (featuring the 2020 Canadian Sport Hosting Index Announcement and a delicious meal)
- Events & Dragons Den (a success story of how one rights holder successfully pitched venture capitalist, Arlene Dickinson)
- Climate Change & Events (how global warming is impacting sport tourism)
- Sustainability in Major Events (for venue operators who wish to better engage in sustainable practices)
Wednesday, March 24th (Day 2)
- A fireside chat with the Oilers Entertainment Group (+ a tasty breakfast)
- Sponsorship in Canada (the latest stats, trends and news in event sponsorship in Canada)
- PRESTIGE Awards (honouring the top sport tourism people, places and events in Canada)
- NHL Game Day: Oilers vs Avalanche (a ticket is included in registration while supplies last)
- Speed Dating (where events rights holders and destinations find the perfect match)
Thursday, March 25th (Day 3)
- Insights into eSports (followed by a mouth-watering breakfast)
- Xperiential Huddle (10 trending topics in sport tourism featuring lively discussions in pods with fellow SEC attendees)
- Closing Luncheon & the Unveiling of the Future of Sport Tourism in Canada (your sneak peek at what’s coming in April – BIG news!)
These are only a few highlights!
Register by March 10th to avoid FOMO!