Request for Proposals – Website Redesign and Brand Development
Bowls Canada is issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to procure professional website design and brand development services to develop a new website that meets our marketing and information sharing requirements in line with our communication strategy and annual plan.
1. Website Redesign and Brand Development Project
1.1 About the Website Redesign and Brand Development Project
As part of Bowls Canada’s ongoing commitment to advance the sport of bowls in Canada, the organization has determined that the existing website no longer serves its needs and requires a new design to maximize BCB’s marketing, information and resource sharing efforts. Additionally, over the last year Bowls Canada diversified to add Para Bowls to it’s portfolio and is now recognized as the national governing body by both Sport Canada and International Bowls for the Disabled (IBD).
An organization’s website is a representation of their professionalism, credibility, and unique identity. Additionally, revenue streams such as donations, merchandise sales, online training and member engagement are all primarily accessed through and promoted on this website. This therefore results in significant marketing requirements for the website. By investing in a design that is modern, user-friendly and visually appealing, the website traffic will increase and revenue generating activities will be more accessible.
In addition to revenue generation, information and resource sharing is highly important for ensuring the sport is advanced in a safe, agile, and enjoyable way. Information such as press releases, policies, and organizational information must be made available quickly and easily and accessible to users of all abilities. Additionally, there is significant potential for the integration of safe sport tracking, a competition management system, and other back-end systems that will ensure processes are seamless and efficient and data is accurate.
1.2 Project Overview
This project will entail working with a provider of digital branding and design services to reposition and create a strategy for the Bowls Canada brand that is inclusive of para bowls and develop an accessible new website in line with this brand. Using content provided by the Bowls Canada team, the creative agency will develop a brand strategy and a new website that will meet operational requirements and objectives while emphasizing BCB’s reinvented identity. Contact BCB for further details.
1.3 Project Scope
The project first involves the repositioning of the Bowls Canada brand which will be completed by the agency, and then involves the development of a new website that is in line with the brand and meets BCB’s requirements. The website must be completed in the 2020-21 fiscal year. The website must be developed in English and French but the language of development will be English. The French translation will be provided to the successful developer.
1.4 Project Timeline
Below are BCB’s projected 2020-2021 timelines and will adjust slightly to accommodate circumstances that may arise.
June 18th, 2020 Request for Proposals posted
July 10th, 2020 Deadline for RFP Submissions
August 1st, 2020 Successful developer identified
August 1st – August 30th, 2020 Brand and communication strategy developed
September 1st, 2020 Brand & Communication strategy presented to Board/AGM
September 1st – December 1st French and English website developed/launched
2. Developer’s Responsibilities
The successful developer will be responsible for:
– Repositioning and creating a strategy for the Bowls Canada brand
– Working with the Bowls Canada team on creating a new design that has a fresh and current look and that is graphically appealing with up-to-date photos
– Ensuring the new website is easy to navigate, bilingual, and accessible for individuals with disabilities
– Ensuring the new website is responsive and has a search feature
– Ensuring the new website is mobile friendly
– Ensuring the new website can be updated by the Bowls Canada team once the site is created
– Ensuring the website is through a Canadian host and that the host has a maintenance/support package
– Linking mailchimp newsletters within the website
– Ensuring the website has e-commerce capabilities to support merchandise sales and donations
– Linking an external photo/graphics resource within the website
– Ensuring the website provides us with the ability to manage and host online training including registration and financial transactions
– Linking a CRM for safe sport tracking (screening and training completion) within the website
– Ensuring the website provides us with the ability to manage competition registration and results
3. Proposal Guidelines
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive
process. Proposals will be accepted until July 10th, 2020. Your proposal must
include, at a minimum:
• Pricing profile for all aspects of the project;
• Hourly rate for subsequent work;
• Samples of previous work, unless previously provided to BCB; and
• Contact information for 2 References, unless previously provided to BCB.
All fees must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees. Contract terms and
conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All
contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by BCB and will include
scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
4. Deadline for Submission
• Questions for the RFP will be answered until July 6th, 2020. To ensure a fair and
transparent process, questions and answers will be shared with all parties asked
to participate in this process and those known to be interested in this process.
Please direct questions to Casey Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
● Submissions must be received before July 10th, 2020, and emailed to the attention of Casey Donnelly at email@example.com
• Proposals will be evaluated during the period of July 10th – August 1st, 2020, which could also include a follow-up with shortlisted candidates. Elements of the proposals that will be evaluated (but not limited to), include:
o Creative approach and direction;
o Ability to meet BCB website standards, and all standards noted in this document;
o Project budget and costs;
o Ability to manage the project within timelines;
• The selected developer will be notified by email. Unsuccessful developers will not be formally notified.
5. About Bowls Canada
Bowls Canada Boulingrin (BCB) is the governing body responsible for lawn bowls in Canada. The BCB mission is to advance the sport of bowls in Canada.