Registration Closes Today!
Get your registration in today for our online leader training! After attending our online training, you will be eligible for up to $1000 in grant support for your Indigenous RunWalk or Honour Your Health Challenge program.
- Northwest / Northeast: Sep. 22 – 23rd
- Interior: Oct. 6 – 7th
- Vancouver Island: Oct. 21 – 22nd
- Fraser / Vancouver Coastal: Nov. 3 – 4th
We encourage you to sign up for the training dates specific to your region to meet fellow community champions in your area. However, if another region’s training dates are more convenient for you, feel free to sign up for whichever dates you’d like, a benefit of being online!
The Zoom links will be released closer to the training date. To keep you from getting zoomed out, we are offering a condensed agenda, lots of screen breaks and many opportunities to be active throughout the day.
If you’re brand new to leader training, welcome to our healthy living family! For new leaders, the first day of training is mandatory, offering sessions in program development, the holistic wellness model and active breaks. The second day is optional, but you won’t want to miss it! We’ll be offering sessions in mental wellness, nutrition and a leader panel on delivering programs throughout COVID-19.
For return leaders, please join us for the second day of training to receive brand new content for your healthy living program and to reconnect with your healthy living family.
New to our Registration System?
- Click on the link above or below
- If you attended our leader training last year, please use your username and password
- There is an option to reset your password if needed, or contact email@example.com for your username or password
- If you are new to this system, please create an account
- Once logged in you can choose either the Indigenous RunWalk or Honour Your Health Challenge program (see below for program details)
Registration closes on September 11th, 2020.
Registration is limited and we encourage you to register early.
At the conclusion of training, all participants are eligible for up to $1000 in grant support for their Indigenous RunWalk or Honour Your Health Challenge program.
- Indigenous RunWalk: choose from an 8-week program preparing participants for a 5K or a 13-week program preparing participants for a 10K run/walk event.
- Honour Your Health Challenge: develop your own 8-week program focused on physical activity, healthy eating, respecting tobacco or healthy pregnancies – past programs include creating a community cookbook, “Family Fitness Fridays,” planting medicinal tea gardens, “Kick the Nic” tobacco program, “Moccasin Mamas,” and many more.
To learn more about our programs and witness the amazing work of our healthy living leaders, watch our video below:
Eligibility:Healthy Living Leader Training is open to individuals who are interested in promoting health and wellness within their community, schools, Friendship Centres, Métis Chartered Communities, recreation centres, health centres, workplaces, or Indigenous organizations.
See You Online!
This newsletter comes to you from the Healthy Living program at I·SPARC.
Provincial Coordinator, HealthBeat
Amanda de Faye
Physical Activity, Training
Schools Physical Activity & Physical Literacy