Recruiting for Removing Barriers to Keep Self-Identified Girls in Sports Program
Canadian Women & Sport and Fast and Female are working on a pilot project that we believe will help keep girls aged 8-14 engaged in sport. We are looking for sport leaders like you to join the program and help recruit participants.
Removing Barriers to Keep Self-Identified Girls in Sport is a multi-week program that helps to keep girls safe in sport by building knowledge and challenging current attitudes. It does this by using an intersectional framework to provide training for:
- Self-identified Girls – as delivered by Fast and Female
- Sport leaders – as delivered by Canadian Women & Sport (details below)
The training for each group runs concurrently. The girls and their sport leaders will connect at the start and end of the series to create linkages and shared learning and experiences. In between, the girls and leaders receive training tailored to their role. The program runs virtually.
We are looking to recruit:
- Girls ages 8 to 14, for 5 virtual sessions
- Sport Leaders (ideally with a minimum of 2 years coaching experience) for 7 virtual sessions + 6 hours of independent learning.
The program (for girls) runs:
- Saturday, April 9: Join us for a kick-off event, in collaboration with Canada Women & Sport! Girls will have the opportunity to meet each other, the Sport Leaders, and our Fast and Female Role Models.
- Saturday, April 23: Workshop #1 – Circle and Friends
- Saturday, April 30: Workshop #2 – Weeds and Seeds
- Saturday, May 7 Workshop #3 – Finding Your Inner Voice
- Saturday, May 14: Physical activity and closing session with Canadian Women & Sport!
The Canadian Women & Sport program for Sport Leaders is a 7-session program hosted over 6 weeks, with approximately 6 hours of independent learning. Sessions with Canadian Women & Sport will run on Thursday’s from 6:30 – 8:30 pm EST (runs April 14 – May 12 plus attendance at the opening and closing events on April 9 and May 14). Sport leaders are also required to join the collaborative open and closing session of the program with Fast and Female.
- Access to newly developed program materials for sport leaders
- Sport leaders will receive free access supplementary resources including the Keeping Girls in Sport e-Module training
- Certificates of Completion
- Fast and Female and Canadian Women & Sport swag, mailed right to you!
For more details on the program, click here.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 8, 12:00 PM EST.