Press Resources released for Tokyo 2020
TOKYO (July 20, 2021) – Resources for press covering the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games are available at https://olympic.ca/press-resources/.
The resource hub will include:
- Team Canada’s Tokyo 2020 Media Contacts;
- A live Tokyo 2020 competition results and schedule tracker;
- A historical Team Canada Statistics Handbook;
- A folder where audio flash quotes will be uploaded daily;
- A day-to-day media availability tracker;
- A folder where recordings of media availabilities will be uploaded.
All Tokyo 2020 related news releases, media advisories for sport availabilities and statements will be distributed through the COC’s standard email distribution list. A subscription widget can be found at the bottom of olympic.ca/press for colleagues interested in signing up.
Follow @TeamCanadaPR on Twitter for the most up-to-date news from the Canadian Olympic Committee.
With the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games upon us, the public can now download the Team Canada app and stay connected with Team Canada via an elevated mobile-first and personalized experience.
The main features of the app include:
- News: Stories, videos and real-time alerts from Team Canada;
- Athletes: Get closer than ever to the Team Canada athletes competing at Tokyo 2020;
- Sports: See current and historical info about your favourite summer Olympic sports;
- Personalization: Select your favourite athletes and sports to get news stories, videos and push notifications specific to them;
- Sweepstakes: Enter for the chance to win exclusive prizes including Team Canada gear and signed memorabilia;
- Games Content – Schedules, results, and a medal table cards in the Tokyo 2020 section;
- A/R Face Filters – Show your Team Canada pride by applying red & white face filters and share on social media;
- Arcade Style Game – A unique Team Canada Arcade Game that’ll keep fans engaged;
- Interactive Ads & Enhanced Display Ad Inventory – New incremental ad opportunities for partners and owned initiatives;
- Push Notifications – Customized messages direct to Team Canada fans about a range of topics from medal alerts to partner promotions;
- Partner Perks – Select always-on value offering from a few Team Canada partners.
Download the Team Canada App here:
COC MEDIA CONTACTS:
Josh Su, Press Operations Lead
Thomas Hall, Communications Lead & Press Chief