Ottawa Sport Council Foundation True Sport Community Grant 2022 Application Portal Now Open
The Ottawa Sport Council is pleased to announce the launch of the Ottawa Sport Council Foundation: 2022 True Sport Community Grant! The application portal is now open and applications can be submitted until Friday, February 4th at 17:00 EST.
This grant supports eligible expenses for programs which support inclusivity for those who face barriers to participation in sport including but not limited to those who face social, economic, or racial barriers and underrepresented and marginalized populations. The Ottawa Sport Council Foundation: 2022 True Sport Community Grant is offered in partnership by the Ottawa Sport Council, the True Sport Foundation, and the Ottawa Community Foundation.
The application is available as a fillable PDF. Within the document you will find all the details necessary to complete the grant, including the definition of key terms key and frequently asked questions. The Ottawa Sport Council is also pleased to answer questions regarding the application in advance of submission.
- Grant Window: Monday, January 10 to Friday, February 4 (17:00 EST)
- Funding available: Up to $1,500
- Number of Programs to Receive Funding: 2
Understanding the Program Goal and Eligibility
- The Ottawa Sport Council Foundation: 2022 True Sport Community Grant supports programs which clearly support inclusivity for underrepresented and marginalized populations.
- Incorporated not-for-profit organizations that offer sports program in Ottawa in alignment with the True Sport Principles and the True Sport Charitable Purpose are eligible to apply for funding.
- For examples of programs who have received funding from the Ottawa Sport Council Foundation True Sport Community Grant, click here.
To better understand the importance of eliminating barriers and creating more inclusive sport experiences, we invite you to watch the Ottawa Sport Council Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Panel Discussion Video. This recorded virtual panel discussion invites community sport organizations to consider the ways in which they can create a more inclusive and welcoming environment within their organizations.
We look forward to receiving applications from community sport organizations supporting an equitable, diverse, and inclusive sport experience for all.
Questions? Contact Marcia Morris
For further information about the Ottawa Sport Council. , please visit our website or contact
Executive Director, Ottawa Sport Council
About Ottawa Sport Council
The Ottawa Sport Council acts as the unified voice of amateur sport in Ottawa and facilitates advocacy and growth for all community sport organizations.
We believe that there should only be positive experiences in sport
About the True Sport Foundation
The True Sport Foundation is a national charitable organization committed to ensuring that sport makes a positive contribution to individuals and communities. The True Sport Foundation works with its many partners through programs and activities that promote values-based and principle-driven sport for all Canadians.