May 9, 2022
Management by Values – towards a holistic leadership ethos in sport
May 10, 2022 – Sport Law is pleased to announce some of our exciting latest developments as we continue to elevate sport. We have designated May as Management by Values Month as so many of our offerings are inspired by this leadership philosophy.
Here’s what sport leaders have to look forward to:
- As a sport leader, if you are looking for a trusted companion to support you, we are here to listen. For the month of May, all new leadership coaching engagements are being discounted by 15% and we hope sport leaders will take advantage of this generous offer to contact one of our Sport Law integral coaches (Lauren Brett, Cheryl Humphrey or Dina Bell-Laroche).
- Sport Law’s Partners Steve Indig and Dina Bell-Laroche have been busy hosting keynotes to address inefficiencies, depletion and inequities within the sport system. Watch our video to better understand why we care.
- Curious to learn more about Management by Values? This holistic approach to managing, coaching and competing has been written about in research for over three decades and inspired Sport Law Partner Dina Bell-Laroche to write a book called Values-in-Action: Igniting passion and purpose in sport organizations. Published in 2012, this practical book is based on Dina’s Master’s thesis focusing on tangible and practical ways sport leaders can bring organizational values to life. We are running a 20% off special promotion this month so be sure to purchase your copy before June 1, 2022. Discount code = valuesmatter
- If you want to read more about MBV in sport, here are two published studies that Dina participated in here in the Journal of Sport Management and here in the Journal of Applied Sport Management.
- Our helpful brochure explains some of the many ways we have been working to transform sport cultures by incorporating values more intentionally. From defining your values to engaging all stakeholders in a conversation about ways to bring them to life in your culture, Sport Law’s culture coaches are experts in facilitating sustainable change.
- On May 11, Sport Manitoba and Sport Law will be announcing a holistic approach to providing legal and leadership solutions to their PSOs. Watch for that announcement on SIRC!
- On May 17, Sport Law will be hosting an MBV Webinar that covers all the central elements of MBV. As an added bonus, participants will get an e-copy of Values-in-Action: Igniting Passion and purpose in sport organizations. To register for the webinar, click here.
- On May 19, Sport Law will be announcing a new alliance that will help sport organizations bring their commitment to measuring culture to life. Stay tuned!
- On May 25, Sport Law will be releasing her next blog on Holistic Sport Environments: How MBV can re-ignite passion and purpose in sport organizations.
- On May 31, Dina will be travelling to Halifax to deliver a closing keynote at the USPORTS AGM. Her topic will be on why MBV, as a modern-day leadership practice, can support a healthier and holistic path forward.
Sport Law has been providing strategic insight to the Canadian sport community since 1992. We are accessible, affordable, and highly-skilled, bringing unparalleled experience, caring and common sense to every project.
For more information, please contact Dina Bell-Laroche at email@example.com.