Final Week to Apply for the GTA Same Game Challenge
Canadian Women & Sport is pleased to extend an invitation to sport, physical activity and recreation organizations located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to apply for the Same Game Challenge.
Thanks to funding support from Nike Canada as part of the company’s Made to Play global commitment to get kids moving, organizations will make their sport better through improving opportunities for women and girls as participants and leaders.The Same Game Challenge provides education on gender equity and coaching support from Canadian Women & Sport as organizations progress through the Same Game Online Toolkit.
Who is eligible?
This application is open to local community sport, physical activity and recreation organizations within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) such as minor sport organizations, recreation facilities, or other organizations that offer physical activity or sport in their community.
How will organizations benefit?
Successful applicants will receive:
- Coaching and mentorship – guidance and advice for embedding gender equity into their organizational strategies, process, and programs
- Opportunities to share and learn with others – connect with 9 other leaders who will be working through Same Game simultaneously
- Professional Development – Access to 5 free licenses of the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for organization leaders and staff
- Financial Support – $1,000 honorarium to support organizational gender equity activities
- Knowledge and Competency – Effective solutions and a better understanding of how to engage women and girls in sport
What is the commitment required by organizations?
- Capacity to explore and implement initiatives to embed gender equity into your organization
- Support from Board of Directors and senior leaders
- Attend monthly one-on-one and group meetings with Same Game Coach and other organization leaders
What are the key timelines?
- End of May – organizations will be notified of the status of their application.
- July 2022 – onboarding and Same Game Challenge kick off meeting.
- July 2022 – January 2023 – Work through the Same Game process, one-on-one coaching calls and group meetings.
- February 2023 – Share learnings and successes
The application deadline is Friday, May 6th at 11:59PM ET.
For more information on the program, click here.
Questions? Contact Program Manager, Leah Ferguson at email@example.com.
We would like to thank Nike Canada for funding this project