Coaching Association of Canada brings together sport leaders from across the country for second virtual Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference
The Coaching Association of Canada™ (CAC) is pleased to once again bring together more than 700 delegates comprised of coaches, researchers, sport executives, and administrators into one virtual space for the 2021 Petro-Canada™ Sport Leadership sportif conference (#SLS21). From November 3-5, delegates will benefit from three days of learning, professional development, and networking under the umbrella of the conference theme: Let’s Reignite Sport. The conference program provides a foundation for the sport community to work together towards a complex and dynamic return to sport.
The conference schedule is packed with engaging keynote presentations, breakout sessions, workshops, and networking activities. Delegates will be encouraged to celebrate the successes, grieve the hardships, and develop the wisdom needed to continue this inspiring transformation in the face of disruption. Visit the conference webpage to view the full schedule and register online.
“This year’s theme of Let’s Reignite Sport calls on all of us in the sport community to come together, not only to lead a safe and collaborative return to sport but to build sport back better than ever before,” says Lorraine Lafrenière, Chief Executive Officer of the CAC. “SLS21 provides a virtual space for sport leaders to learn, reflect, and share knowledge so we can be as responsive and agile as possible as we navigate this process. Sport leaders play a crucial role in applying our learnings to enhance the sport landscape in Canada.”
Benoît Huot, one of Canada’s most decorated Paralympic athletes, will be back to lead delegates over the course of #SLS21 as conference emcee. He will be joined by plenary and workshop presenters representing a multitude of expertise and backgrounds. They include, but are not limited to:
- The Intersection of Mental Health & Anti-Racism – Anthony McLean, presented by Petro-Canada
- Change, meaning, and renewed energy – Dr. Marie-Hélène Pelletier, presented by Canadian Insurance Brokers Inc.
- Truth and Reconciliation in Education – Eddy Robinson, presented by Durant Barristers
- From Talk to Action: Integrating Mental Health into Sport Environments – Krista Van Slingerland (Game Plan) and Natalie Durand-Bush (Canadian Centre for Mental Health and Sport)
- Safe Sport: A Common Goal, a Shared Responsibility – Kirsten Whalen, Liddia Touch Kol, and Marie-Claude Asselin (Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada)
- Reflections on Tokyo – Mark Smith, Susan Cockle, and Dr. Wade Gilbert
- The Athlete-centred Training Approach – Juliette Maurin
- Tactical Decision-making in Sport – Dr. Barrie Gordon, David Cooper, Karlene Headley-Cooper, and Mike Way
- Intersectionality and Building Safe Spaces – Tina Dacin (Smith School of Business)
Canada’s sport leaders will also be celebrating moments of courageous leadership by honouring award recipients at the 2021 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala on Thursday, November 4, via the CAC’s YouTube channel (7:30 pm to 9 pm ET).
Key Points to Remember:
- Register by October 29 to receive all email updates and tips to make the most of your event experience.
- Visit coach.ca to view the full event schedule and learn more about the conference presenters and session topics.
- The 2021 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala stream will go live at 7:30 pm ET on the CAC’s YouTube channel.
For more information on the 2021 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference, you are invited to engage through a variety of digital channels:
For media inquiries:
About the Coaching Association of Canada
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
Suncor Energy Opens in a new window is Canada’s leading integrated energy company. Suncor’s operations include oil sands development and upgrading, conventional and offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. A member of Dow Jones Sustainability indexes, FTSE4Good and CDP, Suncor is working to responsibly develop petroleum resources while also growing a renewable energy portfolio.
Suncor is listed on the UN Global Compact 100 stock index and the Corporate Knights’ Global 100. Suncor’s common shares (ymbol: SU) are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Petro-CanadaTM, a Suncor business, operates more than 1,500 retail stations and 300 Petro-PassTM wholesale locations nationwide. Petro-Canada’s retail loyalty program, Petro-PointsTM, provides Canadians with the opportunity to earn and redeem rewards. Petro-Canada is proud to be a National Partner of the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic committees, supporting Canadian athletes, coaches and their families for more than 30 years. For more information, visit lang=”EN-CA”>www.petro-canada.ca Opens in a new window.