Cleve’s Source for Sports Good Sport Award Recipients Announced
Canoe-Kayak athlete, Jenna Lamontagne is the Cleve’s Source for Sports Good Sport recipient for October 2021.
The 14-year-old displayed perseverance while competing in the U16 C1 6000m event at the 2021 Atlantic Championships. Due to a chaotic mass start, Jenna’s boat capsized in the opening 200m. Surprising spectators, Jenna pulled herself out of the lake, climbed back into her heavy water-filled boat and continued to finish the race on her own.
Jenna’s determination shed light on the importance of defining your own definitions of success. Coaches, athletes, spectators and volunteers described her performance as the highlight of the weekend. Jenna’s performance reminded the audience that sport isn’t solely about winning medals.
“Sport has the power to inspire and remind us that it is a community which can support and lift those around us. Jenna displayed all the values we hope to see more common through all levels of sport.”
– Mark James, technical director, Atlantic Division CanoeKayak Canada
Good Sport Award
· The Cleve’s Source for Sports Good Sport Award program is administered by Sport Nova Scotia.
· Provincial sport organization members are eligible to nominate athletes for these awards.
· The Good Sport Award is for the athlete(s) who went above and beyond for their teammates during the pandemic.
· A membership committee selects the award recipients.
· For more information about the awards, please visit www.sportnovascotia.ca
Sport Nova Scotia
· Sport Nova Scotia is a voice for amateur sport that promotes the benefits of health, personal development, and achievement of all participants. We’re a non-profit, non-government organization representing approximately 60 provincial sport organizations and more than 160,00- member Nova Scotians.
Sport Nova Scotia email@example.com