Cbc Sports And National Pro Fastpitch Partner To Provide Live Streaming Coverage Of Canada’s National Softball Team, The…
CBC/Radio-Canada – CBC Sports coverage begins Saturday at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) when the Canadian Wild takes on the Beijing Eagles
Tweet this release: https://bit.ly/2QAy71s
May 30, 2019 – CBC Sports and National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) announced today a partnership that will see live coverage of 13 games played by Canada’s national softball team, known as the Canadian Wild, available on CBC Sports streaming platforms and on CBC Gem. The NPF league season runs May-August and includes six U.S.-based affiliate teams featuring the most highly decorated female players from U.S. universities and top players from around the world. Scheduled as one game per week on average, the games available via CBC Sports will live stream within Canada at cbcsports.ca, the CBC Gem streaming service, and via the CBC Sports app for iOS and Android devices.
“We are delighted with the partnership between the NPF and CBC Sports to carry a Canadian Wild game of the week feature on CBC Sports’ website and app. I know Canadian softball fans will appreciate following our team on the popular and accessible CBC Sports platforms,” said Hugh Mitchener, CEO, Softball Canada.
“With the return of softball to the Olympic Games next year, CBC Sports is pleased to be the home for Canadians to cheer on their national team’s journey this season,” said Chris Wilson, Interim Head of CBC Sports. “With Tokyo 2020 qualifications around the corner, the country’s top female athletes will no doubt impress and entertain viewers with their passion and skill.”
The NPF league, entering its 16th season, is the most ethnically diverse professional sports league in the world, with three complete international teams participating in the 138 game regular season. Those teams, Australia (the Aussie Peppers), Canada (the Canadian Wild), and China (the Beijing Eagles), along with the partial roster of Mexico (on the Cleveland Comets), will look to the NPF season to prepare them for upcoming qualifiers for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. The Canadian Wild team is based out of Marion, Illinois.
Canadian Wild games to stream live on CBC Sports platforms are as follows:
(A) = Away, (H) = Home
- Saturday, June 1 at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) vs. Beijing Eagles – Daytona Beach, Florida (A)
- Saturday, June 8 at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) vs. USSSA Pride – Marion, Illinois (H)
- Saturday, June 15 at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT) vs. Beijing Eagles – Cleveland, Ohio (H, in Cleveland)
- Saturday, June 15 at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) vs. Cleveland Comets – Cleveland, Ohio (A)
- Saturday, June 22 at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) vs. Chicago Bandits – Marion, Illinois (H)
- Saturday, June 29 at 8:30 p.m. ET (5:30 p.m. PT) vs. Chicago Bandits – Rosemont, Illinois (A)
- Monday, July 1 at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) vs. Chicago Bandits – Rosemont, Illinois (A)
- Monday, July 1 at 8:30 p.m. ET (5:30 p.m. PT) vs. Chicago Bandits – Rosemont, Illinois (A)
- Saturday, July 6 at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT) vs. Aussie Peppers – Mankato, Minnesota (A)
- Saturday, July 6 at 8:30 p.m. ET (5:30 p.m. PT) vs. Aussie Peppers – Mankato, Minnesota (A)
- Saturday, July 20 at 5:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. PT) vs. USSSA Pride – Viera, Florida (A)
- Saturday, July 20 at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) vs. USSSA Pride – Viera, Florida (A)
- Saturday, July 27 at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) vs. Cleveland Comets – Marion, Illinois (H)
As part of its ongoing five-year partnership, now in its second year, CBC Sports will also once again offer exclusive Canadian live streaming coverage of the upcoming Canada Cup International Softball Championship. The event, held in Surrey, British Columbia from July 8-14, annually draws top female athletes and teams from around the world, including Team Canada.
– 30 –
About CBC Sports
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s Olympic Network through 2024 and Canada’s Paralympic Network through 2020. The national public broadcaster is committed to showcasing Canadian and international athletes and sports across all platforms under the CBC Sports and Hockey Night in Canada brands, including on television, online at cbcsports.ca and via the CBC Sports app for iOS and Android devices. CBC Sports prides itself on telling the story of the high-performance athlete’s journey every step of the way, ensuring Canadians always know the people who represent them before they see them atop the podium.
About National Pro Fastpitch (NPF)
National Pro Fastpitch (NPF), an Official Development Partner of Major League Baseball since 2004, provides elite female athletes with an opportunity to pursue a professional career in fastpitch softball beyond their collegiate and amateur success. The NPF affiliate teams consist of the Aussie Peppers of Minnesota, Beijing Shougang Eagles, Canadian Wild of Southern Illinois, Chicago Bandits, Cleveland Comets, and USSSA Pride. National Pro Fastpitch players hail from the United States, Australia, Canada, China, and Mexico, and represent the most accomplished and talented athletes in the sport of women’s softball. profastpitch.com
Social media: @profastpitch (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
For more information:
Publicist, CBC Sports
NPF Director of Media