Canadian Women & Sport releases 2021 WISE Fund Criteria and Timeline
A lack of funding dedicated to creating equitable opportunities for women and girls to participate and lead in sport is a barrier to achieving gender equity in Canada. Since 2004, Canadian Women & Sport has awarded $250,000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada to help address this gap.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2021 WISE Fund will again grant 30 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in Canadian sport.
Applications for the 2021 grant will open on Tuesday, October 13th and close on Monday, November 9th.
WISE Fund 2021 quick facts:
- A minimum of 60% of grant funding will go toward organizations/initiatives led by or directly serving women and girls from underrepresented communities.
- Sport organizations, community organizations, university/college sport programs, schools, and non-profit organizations are eligibleto apply.
- Canadian Women & Sport will be offering 15-minute consultation calls at select times between September 21st and October 9th to support applicants with any specific questions related to the eligibility of their application.
- Recipients will be announced in early March 2021 and are required to spend grant funding by March 31, 2022
Please read our 2021 Application Guide for more information.
To get inspired and learn more about previous WISE Fund-supported initiatives, check out our case studies on:
- How Ontario Basketball showcased women leading the way for young girls;
- How Northwest Territories Soccer built role models for girls by breaking down barriers for women to become top-level coaches;
- How Judo Canada held their first-ever Women’s Summit to fight for gender equity;
- How Storm Selects helped Indigenous girls reconnect to their roots through lacrosse;
- How Coach New Brunswick launched a support network for women in coaching.
About Canadian Women & Sport
Canadian Women & Sport is dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to challenge the status quo and build better sport through gender equity.