Bowls Canada Issues Graphic Design RFP
Bowls Canada is issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to procure professional graphic design services to develop promotional material for a para bowls campaign, in line with our communications strategy and annual plan.
- Just Roll With It Graphic Design Project
1.1 About the Just Roll With It Graphic Design Project
As part of Bowls Canada’s ongoing commitment to advance the sport of bowls in Canada, the organization has spent the last 18 months preparing to develop programming for bowlers of all abilities. Thanks to the efforts of the Canadian para bowls community, Bowls Canada has recently been recognized as the national governing body for para bowls by both Sport Canada and International Bowls for the Disabled (IBD). This means that Bowls Canada is now in an official position to develop and advocate for Canadian para bowlers.
The “Just Roll With It” — Welcoming Para Canadians onto the Lawn Bowls Greens pilot project is a nationally sanctioned and Sport Canada funded program designed to address the existing gap in coordinated lawn bowls programming for Canadians with disabilities. Bowls Canada is working on adapting existing programming methodology and resources which are intended to increase the number of participating bowlers with disabilities through the creation of a safe, welcoming environment to play
In order to increase the profile of para bowls in Canada and help clubs implement the “Just Roll With It” program, we need to promote the programming and resources that are available. To maximize the awareness and credibility of this program, we need to acquire high quality graphic design services for the creation of the promotional materials.
1.2 Project Overview
This project will entail working with a provider of graphic design services to design and create promotional materials of a high quality and inclusive nature. Using content provided by the Bowls Canada team, the creative agency will develop several assets including but not limited to illustrations, digital graphics, and physical materials like posters, brochures and activity cards. Contact BCB for further details.
1.3 Project Scope
The project involves the design and development of several assets with different purposes within the “Just Roll With It” program. The design work must be completed in the 2021-22 fiscal year. The content must be developed in English and French but the French translation will be provided by Bowls Canada.
1.4 Project Timeline
Below are BCB’s projected 2020-2021 timelines and will adjust slightly to accommodate
circumstances that may arise.
April 28, 2021 Request for Proposals posted
May 4, 2021 Deadline for RFP Submissions
May 5, 2021 Successful designer identified
May 6 – May 13, 2021 Five colour illustrations completed
May 6 – May 20, 2021 Poster and brochure completed
May 6 – May 21, 2021 Advertisement completed
May 6 – May 27, 2021 Graphic design of supplemental materials completed
- Developer’s Responsibilities
The successful developer will be responsible for:
– Creating five colour illustrations based on existing photos
– Creating a poster in English and French (translation provided by BCB)
– Creating a handout document/brochure in English and French (translation provided by BCB)
– Creating an advertisement for print and digital circulation in English and French
(translation provided by BCB)
– Completing graphic design of supplemental program materials such as activity cards and guides
- Proposal Guidelines
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process.
Proposals will be accepted until May 5, 2021. Your proposal must include, at a minimum:
- Pricing profile for all aspects of the project;
- Hourly rate for subsequent work;
- Samples of previous work, unless previously provided to BCB; and
- Contact information for 2 References, unless previously provided to BCB.
All fees must be itemized to include an explanation of all fees. Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by BCB and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
- Deadline for Submission
- Questions for the RFP will be answered until May 3, 2021. To ensure a fair and transparent process, questions and answers will be shared with all parties asked to participate in this process and those known to be interested in this process.
Please direct questions to Anna Mees at email@example.com
- Submissions must be received by May 4, 2021, and emailed to the attention of Anna Mees at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposals will be evaluated during the period of May 4 -5, 2021, which could also include a follow-up with shortlisted candidates. Elements of the proposals that will be evaluated (but not limited to), include:
o Creative approach and direction;
o Ability to meet BCB design requirements noted in this document;
o Project budget and costs;
o Ability to manage the project within timelines;
- The selected designer will be notified by email. Unsuccessful candidates will not be formally notified.
- About Bowls Canada
Bowls Canada Boulingrin (BCB) is the governing body responsible for lawn bowls in Canada. The BCB mission is to advance the sport of bowls in Canada.