Beijing 2022: Team Canada at the end of Day 9
BEIJING (February 13, 2022) – Day 9 at the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games has come to a close. Here is what you need to know.
MEDAL COUNT AFTER DAY 9:
DAY 9 RESULTS AND DAY 10 SCHEDULE:
VIEW/DOWNLOAD THE SPREADSHEET.
TEAM CANADA INSIGHTS:
- Christine de Bruin and Cynthia Appiah make history as the first Canadians to compete in monobob – they sit second and tenth respectively after two heats. The event made its Olympic debut on Day 9.
- Olivia Asselin and Megan Oldham will look to be the third Canadian to win an Olympic medal in women’s slopestyle on Day 10. Dara Howell and Kim Lamarre shared a podium at Sochi 2014 with a gold and bronze, respectively.
- Flavie Aumond, Marion Thenault and Naomy Boudreau-Guertin will vie to be the third Canadian to win an Olympic medal in the women’s aerials event following the double podium at Salt Lake 2002 courtesy of Veronica Brenner (silver) and Deidra Dionne (bronze).
SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING
- Steven Dubois wins Canada’s seventh Olympic medal all time in the men’s 500m event.
- He is Canada’s fourth double medallist at Beijing 2022 (Isabelle Weidemann, Eliot Grondin and Meryeta O’Dine).
Currently none of the 473 members of the Team Canada delegation in Beijing are in COVID-19 isolation.
Beijing 2022 Press Operations Lead
Communications Lead & Press Secretary