Applications open for the 2022 WISE Fund Grant & Game On Leadership Program
Canadian Women & Sport has two programming opportunities available to sport and physical activity organizations in the month of October to advance gender equity in sport. Please share these opportunities with those in your network/community or APPLY NOW! See details below for more information.
2022 WISE Fund Grant
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2022 WISE Fund will award 45 organizations $2500 to assist them in bringing their gender equity goals to life.
Interested organizations can find out more information about the application process here. The deadline to apply is November 2 at 11:59pm ET.
2022 WISE Fund quick facts:
- A minimum of 60% of grant funding will go toward organizations/initiatives directly serving women and girls from underrepresented communities.
- Sport organizations, community organizations, university/college sport programs, schools, and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- Canadian Women & Sport will be offering 15-minute consultation calls at select times between September 27th and October 29th to support applicants with any specific questions related to the eligibility of their initiative. To sign up for a slot, click here.
- Recipients will be announced in late January 2022 and are required to spend grant funding by March 31, 2023. Please read our 2022 Application Guide for more information.
- Apply Now!
Game On Leadership Program
Canadian Women & Sport is looking for 15 sport and physical activity organizations across Canada to participate in the Game On program. Game On combines training for coaches on the essentials of girl-centred sport with a turnkey leadership development program that the coaches implement with the girls they lead.
Coaches will receive training on the program, then deliver it either virtually or in-person to girls in their club aged 14-18. Successful organizations will receive professional development resources, financial support ($1000 honourarium), networking opportunities, and more!
- Recruit a minimum of 10 participants aged 14-18 and two sport leaders;
- Sport leaders must attend one 90-minute virtual training session:
- Option 1: Tuesday, December 7th at 12:00pm ET
- Option 2: Thursday, December 9th at 7:00pm ET
- Sport leaders to complete pre- and post-program evaluations;
- Participants to complete pre- and post-program evaluations; and
- Organizations must commit to completing the delivery of Game On by no later than March 13th, 2022.
To learn more about the program, visit our website. Applications are open from October 18th until November 5th, 2021
NOTE:Organizations can apply for BOTH the 2022 WISE Fund Grant and the Game On Leadership Program if they are able to meet the requirements.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.