Applications Open: 2020 Equestrian Canada Driving Committee
Ottawa, ON, March 25, 2020 – Applications are now being accepted for individuals interested in volunteering on the Equestrian
Canada (EC) Driving Committee starting in April 2020.
The term period available is:
- one (1) position for a two (2) year term ending in 2022.
The Driving Committee is an operational committee of EC responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of driving in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff to provide assistance in the implementation of the appropriate mandates.
Specific responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies and performance targets for the ongoing development of driving in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of the Committee’s annual operational priorities and performance targets, and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations and services related to the development of driving.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to driving.
- Interfacing as a unit with the equestrian community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges and achievements within driving.
- Providing strategic counsel on matters concerning high performance programs and services.
- Liaising with Provincial/Territorial Equestrian Sport Organisations (PTSOs) in order to further of references as required.
Committee members will be appointed by the EC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) upon recommendation of the Committee. Each member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be registered participants in good standing with EC and hold a valid Sport Licence.
A Chair of the Committee will be appointed by the CEO in consultation with Committee Members.
How to Apply
Individuals are invited to submit their resume, along with an expression of interest highlighting their unique qualifications to serve on the Committee to:
Manager, High Performance
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is Monday, April 6, 2020
For further information, including a detailed list of the core competency considerations, please contact Anna Johnson email@example.com.
– 30 –