2021 Canada Games Team Selection – Golf.
Held once every two years, alternating between winter and summer, the Canada Games represent the highest level of national competition for up and coming Canadian athletes. The Games have been hosted in every province at least once since their inception in Quebec City during Canada’s Centennial in 1967, and feature events for able-bodied athletes as well as athletes with physical and intellectual disabilities.
The Games are proud of their contribution to Canada’s sport development system in addition to their lasting legacy of sport facilities, community pride and national unity.
For more information on the 2021 Canada Games, please CLICK HERE
The NSGA is thrilled to be involved with the Nova Scotia Golf team selection for the 2021 Canada Games, and are very excited to see all the young talent coming out of our province. It will be a competitive season for team selection, and we have the potential to do extremely well at the 2021 games.
The NSGA will be using the updated Player of the Year program for the 2021 Canada Games Golf Team selection, combined the athlete eligibility requirements within the 2021 Canada Games – Golf Technical Package.
Golf Team Selection (Summary) Each provincial team will consist of:
- Competitors: 2 Male and 2 Female athletes
- Staff: 2 coaches OR 1 coach and 1 manager (one of the two staff must be a female)
- The NSGA will use the NSGA Player of the Year ranking system to determine the 2021 Canada Games team.
- Team spots will be offered to the top two (2) male competitors, and top two (2) female competitors at the time of team selection (post 2021 NextGen Atlantic Championship or two weeks prior to the games, whichever comes first).
- If a competitor refuses a team spot, it will be awarded to the next ranked competitor in the POY rankings.
- A maximum of ten (10) tournaments from the period of May 1, 2020 to the end of 2021 Atlantic NextGen Championship, or two weeks prior to the games (whichever comes first), will be tallied.
- A player may play in more than ten (10) POY eligible events, but only their best ten (10) finishes will count.
- In order to be eligible for team selection, player MUST compete in the 2021 NSGA Boys & Girls Championship, and the 2021 NextGen Atlantic Championship (if scheduled prior to team selection deadline).
To view the compete 2021 Canada Games Team Selection document, please CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about the games, team selection and the POY, please contact NSGA Technical Director, Anne Balser.
Best of luck to all Juniors competing for a Canada Games team spot.
2020 NSGA Partners