Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Event Date(s) : May 3, 2019
8:30 AM to 8:30 AM
Contact Person : Samantha Pritchard
Contact Email : email@example.com
The UBC Thunderbirds Sport Science Symposium is a one-day sports science symposium hosting a wide breadth of presenters and attendees across all disciplines and sport science facets at UBC. This symposium aims to build the network amongst students and professionals, highlight ongoing student projects and applied sport research, impart trans-disciplinary knowledge, and inspire further involvement with the department’s Integrated Support Team (IST). Join us on May 3rd, 2019, from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM at the UBC Life Building, room 2201.
You should attend if you are:
- A student who is interested in a career in sport or unsure of what to do after their Kinesiology degree. There are people with the coolest jobs that you never knew existed!
- A coach who is always learning new ways to support your athletes
- A faculty member who wants to connect the knowledge they develop in labs into practical applications!
- A community practitioner in Kinesiology, Athletic Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Performance Analytics, Sport Psychology, Sport Dietetics, or Sport Administration
- Keynote Speaker: Evan Dunfee, 2016 Olympian
- Zach Besler – Workload management in adolescent baseball players
- Dr. Cameron Mitchell – Post-exercise requirements: a deep dive into the data
- Connor Mahannah – UBC Alumni & RYU Brand Connector
- More to detail to come. Check the Eventbrite page for up-to-date information
- Regular Student – $35.00
- Regular General Admission – $50.00