SportSmart Workshop – Online
SportSmart: Injury prevention and Performance Workshop by SportMedBC introductory safety and performance tips designed to help parents, coaches and managers understand how to better prepare athletes, prevent injuries and facilitate the development of children in athletics.
topics covered include sport preparation, recognition and management of common injuries and recover.
In a fast-moving, 90 minutes workshop, SportSmart participants will learn:
- The different components of fueling for performance
- The proper pre-event nutrition strategies
- The fundamentals of in-competition nutrition
- Hydration guidelines and strategies
- Post-event nutrition guidelines
- Introduction to meal planning
- Recovery through nutrition
- Where to find the most up to date nutrition resources and tools
* BCRPA Continuing Education Credit : 1.5
Please note that we will be using Zoom platform for this course, you will receive a Zoom invite 24 hrs before the start of each virtual class. Instructions will be provided in the invite. We suggest you familiarize yourself with this platform and its policies prior to your scheduled class.
Date: September 17, 2020
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Zoom online platform
Fee: $15 (+GST)