Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Event Date(s) : March 8, 2021
12:00 PM to 12:00 PM
Contact Email : email@example.com
Event Location :
- Victoria, british-columbia, CA V9B 5Y2
On international women’s day, join us as we explore gender equity in and through sport.
In this episode hosted by Dr. Jennifer Walinga, we will speak with sport leaders about some of the barriers to women’s representation in sport, the battle to change limiting mindsets, what it takes to tackle unconscious bias, and the challenges we see ahead. We will also discuss how far women have come in sport, what initiatives are underway and working, and where we see opportunities for positive change for women and girls across the sport landscape. Our guest panelists include:
- Pamphinette Buisa: Rugby Canada and Black Lives Matter rally organizer/speaker;
- Lorraine Lafreniere: CEO Coaching Association of Canada
and advocate for SafeSport
- Allison Sandmeyer-Graves: CEO Canadian Women and Sport
and advocate for Gender Equity
- Gabriela Estrada: Program Director Fast and Female and advocate for women in leadership
- Kate Haber-Sauks: Rowing Canada “The Mommy Double” and Researcher on post partum competition
Visit our event page for more info and to register.