Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Join us as we go virtual for the 25th edition of the our annual conference where we explore current topics and challenge our boundaries on where recreation, parks & trails, and therapeutic recreation are and how our combined strength will be the foundation for decades to come.
This year, for the first time ever, we will connect leaders from across disciplines combining our Parks & Trails Forum, Therapeutic Recreation and Annual Conference into one event. Come share in the stories, celebrate diversity, hear the successes and be inspired. Over the past year, our sector has shined by being innovative, creative, engaging and connecting with our communities. The pandemic has highlighted the fundamental need for recreation and as we navigate in a post-pandemic world, we will be there supporting organizations, neighbourhoods and communities.
This year our line up includes:
- Wednesday Keynote: Transforming Sports Inclusion for Anti-racist Community Building by Dr. Janelle Joseph
- Thursday Keynote: Building towards an Equitable Community by Dr. Kathy Hogarth
- Closing Keynote: Building on Indigenous Values to Generate Success by Dr. James Makokis and Anthony Johnson
- Bicycling Advocates and Emergency Managers: Creating Resilience Together?
- The Importance of Belonging in Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation
- Impact of Uncertainty
- TrueSport Lives Here Manitoba Summit (free access)