Weekly Media Advisory – August 28 – September 4
Cycling Canada – News & Results
Mountain Bike World Championships
Canada won one silver medal at the first E-MTB World Championships and had many strong performances in both downhill and XCO throughout the week. This marked the first time in history that this event was awarded three times to the same organizers.
- 7 Canadian downhillers finished in the top-10
- 5 Canadians finished in the top-20 in XCO Elite & U23 races
- Canadian Juniors finished in the top-10 in XCO events
- Maghalie Rochette won silver at the first-ever E-MTB World Championships
Canada won a total of 13 medals in their four days of competition – 7 on the road and 6 on the track. NextGen para-cyclist Carla Shibley & her pilot Meghan Lemiski were chosen as the official Canadian flag bearers for the closing ceremony.
- Day 4 results + full Canadian results – 3 medals (road)
- Day 3 results – 4 medals (road)
- Day 2 results – 3 medals (track)
- Day 1 results – 3 medals (track)
Cycling Canada will be hosting a meet and greet with all Canadian cyclists, including Team Canada athletes, on Thursday, September 12 at 3:00pm. More details will be communicated shortly.
Canadian Track Championships (Elite/Masters)
If you require accreditation to this event, please fill out this form.
Photo credit: Andy Vathis
MTB XCO World Cup #7 & DHI World Cup #8
2019 Canadian XCM MTB Championships
Please contact Karine Bedard for access to images.