April 4, 2020
Weekly Equestrian Canada COVID-19 Wrap-Up
Equestrian Canada (EC) would like to share the following updates from the third week of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
EC’s key actions this week:
- Extended the suspension of all EC run in-person events, clinics and activities until further notice, effective March 30, 2020.
- Extended the suspension of all EC sanctioned competitions until June 1, 2020, effective March 30, 2020.
- Created a working group to develop a graduated framework that will protect the health and welfare of horses upon competition reinstatement.
- Met with PTSOs and select competition organizers to discuss the competition suspension extension, COVID-19’s effects on competition hosts and the best implementations of a return to competition.
- Reminded equine farm and equestrian facility owners to complete the survey to gather business profiles in order to clearly understand and represent the industry in advocacy efforts. The survey was also amended after receiving community feedback.
- Worked on developing digital materials for the continued training and education of coaches in a virtual environment.
- Supported Cheval Québec’s COVID-19 webinar addressing the impacts of COVID-19 on the equestrian community and how farms, facilities and individuals can best prepare (available in French only).
The previous week:
EC is making every effort to ensure continuous, thorough and up-to-date communication concerning the COVID-19 pandemic. EC’s complete statement on COVID-19, including regular updates, can be found on our website here. For the running list of cancelled/postponed clinics and events, click here.