Three para archers are heading to Parapan American Championships
SANTIAGO, CL – Archery Canada is happy to announce the para archers heading to the Parapan Am Championships in Santiago, Chile. The city will also serve as the location for the 2023 Parapan Am Games next November. The para contingency will consist of three archers, all competing in the men’s compound open category.
Para archers were eligible if they met the minimum qualifying score at a minimum of three events or once at the Canadian Outdoor Target Championships. This will be the para program’s first event since the World Archery Para Championships in Dubai, UAE earlier this year. The para athletes selected are:
- Chris Waterman (MB)
- Kevin Evans (BC)
- Rob Cox (MB)
Linda Price will attend the competition as the para team coach and Jiwanjot Teja will serve as the para team manager.
The Parapan American Championships pulls together archers from North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. This event will provide the largest number of spots available to be earned for the 2023 Parapan Am Games. Those Games will then serve as an important qualifier for the Paralympics in Paris in 2024.
Parapan Am Championships Event Schedule
- Saturday, November 19: Arrivals
- Sunday, November 20: Arrivals and free practice
- Monday, November 21: Classification
- Tuesday, November 22: Official practice
- Wednesday, November 23: Qualification round (all categories)
- Thursday, November 24: Mixed teams and doubles elimination to finals
- Friday, November 25: Individual elimination to semifinals, VI individual elimination to finals
- Saturday, November 26: Individual medal finals
For more information, please contact:
Zoe Meil, Communications & Safe Sport Coordinator
(613) 260-2113 ext. 3