Things have been different. Join us to say #ThanksCoach.
National Coaches Week takes place September 19-27 and this year it’s more important than ever to say #ThanksCoach.
The annual Canada-wide campaign gives everyone the opportunity to recognize the ongoing importance of coaches in our lives. Even though COVID-19 has taken its toll on the sports world, coaches across Canada continue to engage and inspire their athletes and participants through digital channels.
The CAC is urging all its sport partners and clubs to support National Coaches Week on their respective social media channels and Web sites. Here are some tips to help you make that happen:
- Engage with your Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (PTSO) partners to inform them about National Coaches Week early and often
- Pick two or three National Coaches Week activities and do them well. Suggestions include:
- Facebook or Instagram live sessions with a National Team Coach
- Video messages of thanks from athletes to their coaches shared on social media
- Networking events with coaches via video conferencing software
- Engaging your sponsors to say #ThanksCoach
- Sharing examples of how your coaches stayed engaged with their athletes and participants during the pandemic – we want to see your stories and photos!
- Post your events on our new National Coaches Week events calendar
- Make use of the resources in the National Coaches Week Participation Guide and share it widely with your PTSOs and clubs
- Tag your coaches, sport partners, and PTSOs in your social posts to maximize the campaign reach, use the campaign hashtags #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek
- Encourage your coaches and athletes to share how things have been different this past year, and why it is so important to still say #ThanksCoach
- Encourage coaches to take advantage of the following FREE eLearning throughout the week in the Locker:
- NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport
- NCCP Making Head Way in Sport
- NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan (an integral component to NCCP Planning a Practice)
- Safe Sport Training
- You can also send coaches tangible reminder of their importance in our lives by purchasing National Coaches Week branded merchandise through our new eStore (no minimum quantities).
Ensure that you follow all local guidelines and physical distancing requirements around COVID-19 safety measures.
Remember, National Coaches Week is your best chance to celebrate the positive impact that coaches have on their athletes and on their communities across Canada.
Things have been different. Join us to say #ThanksCoach
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.