Submit your Application for the 2020 Wise Fund Grant!
CAAWS – Applications for the 2020 WISE Fund are now open! The application portal will close on November 8. To read a full list of eligibility criteria and to apply, visit https://www.caaws.ca/grants-and-recognition/wise-fund/application-process-2/.
CAAWS is excited to release new application criteria for the 2020 WISE Fund program.
Since 2004, CAAWS has awarded $150,000 through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada, supporting them to address barriers and advance gender equity in sport.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2020 WISE Fund will grant 30 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in Canadian sport – helping CAAWS bring its strategic goals to life.
The new WISE Fund criteria is designed to inspire innovative initiatives, creating more opportunities for women and girls to participate and lead through sport and increasing organizational capacity for gender equity.
Here are a few key differences in the new WISE Fund criteria for applicants to note:
- Individual applicants will no longer be eligible to submit applications for the purpose of personal professional development;
- Organizations eligible to apply include sport and physical activity community organizations, schools, universities, colleges, non-profit organizations, as well as sport organizations at all levels;
- Applicants are eligible to submit initiatives focused on increasing capacity for gender equity at an organization level;
- 2020 WISE Fund grant recipients will be expected to spend their funding between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021;
- Grant recipients will be part of a nation-wide community of practice, facilitated by CAAWS, to support recipients and share successes or challenges.
Visit our website to learn more about the program!
CAAWS is grateful to Sport Canada for their support of this initiative.
CAAWS is dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with governments, organizations and leaders to challenge the status quo and to advance solutions that result in measurable change.
For further information, please contact:
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity