See The Rise: International Basketball Showcase GlOBL Jam Returns to Toronto, July 12-16
– Canada Basketball and Sportsnet to host second annual Under-23 GLOBL JAM FIVES tournament, featuring men’s and women’s teams from Canada, United States, Puerto Rico, Germany, and African Continent U23 Select Teams –
– PLUS: GLOBL JAM FESTIVAL presented by Flair Airlines celebrates the culture and community of basketball from Yonge-Dundas Square, July 7-9 –
March 22, 2023 – Welcoming the world back to Canada, Sportsnet and Canada Basketball today announce the return of GLOBL JAM, the world-class international basketball showcase, to Toronto from July 12-16.
Mirroring the inaugural showcase from 2022, this summer’s festivities will once again centre around GLOBL JAM FIVES – the 5×5 Under-23 basketball tournament featuring women’s and men’s teams from around the world. Taking to the court at Toronto’s Mattamy Athletic Centre and broadcast nationally across Sportsnet platforms, GLOBL JAM FIVES will feature national fan-favourites and future NBA and WNBA stars from the following countries:
– Women’s Tournament: Canada, United States, Puerto Rico, and the African Continent U23 Women’s Select Team
– Men’s Tournament: Canada, United States, Germany, and the African Continent U23 Men’s Select Team
GLOBL JAM FIVES will see teams compete in round robin action July 12-15, followed by the men’s and women’s bronze and gold medal championship games on Sunday, July 16.
“After launching the inaugural GLOBL JAM with Sportsnet last summer, we’re excited to be bringing the tournament back to Toronto this July,” said Michael Bartlett, President & CEO, Canada Basketball. “Not only are we aiming to make GLOBL JAM the can’t-miss basketball event of the summer, but it’s also a true celebration our game and a chance for Canadians to proudly cheer on the country’s next generation of NBA and WNBA stars right here on home soil.”
Sportsnet, Canada’s #1 sports media brand, returns as the exclusive broadcaster of GLOBL JAM FIVES, delivering full-court coverage across its national TV and streaming platforms. Full coverage details, including broadcast team and schedule, will be announced at a later date.
“GLOBL JAM is an opportunity to introduce Canada to the future stars of the game,” said Greg Sansone, Senior Vice President, Sportsnet. “Along with our partners at Canada Basketball, we look forward to bringing the stories and excitement of the country’s fastest growing sport to our audiences.”
GLOBL JAM tickets are now on sale via Ticketmaster starting at less than $20 per session for 2 games. The following ticket packages are also available:
– GLOBL JAM Tournament Packs – Seats for the entire 16-game tournament featuring all teams in action
– Team Canada Gold Packs – Access to all six Team Canada men’s and women’s round robin games, as well as the gold medal championship game.
– Group Ticket Packs – Tournament access for teams, groups or organizations of 10 or more people
Complete ticketing information is now available at globljam.ca, with tournament details, team rosters and more to be unveiled closer to the event.
Prior to the on-court action, fans are invited to celebrate the culture, community and their passion for basketball at the GLOBL JAM FESTIVAL presented by Flair Airlines. Taking over Yonge-Dundas Square from July 7-9, GLOBL JAM FESTIVAL will feature the following free, family-friendly events:
– 3×3 Canada Quest National Final – Top Provincial 3×3 men’s and women’s teams from across the country tip-off for the coveted Canada Quest crown and combined $30,000 prize money.
– Superfan and Friends Charity 3×3 Game – Superfan Nav Bhatia and the Canada Basketball Foundation team up to hit the court with celebrities, influencers, musicians and broadcasts for a friendly – yet competitive – 3×3 pick-up game in the heart of Toronto.
– Ongoing activity schedule featuring local musicians and artists, food trucks, vendor markets, community court action and more!
Plus, ahead of the tournament, Canada Basketball will host local youth for basketball activities and workshops for the second annual GLOBL JAM Legacy Day. More details on the GLOBL JAM FESTIVAL and GLOBL JAM Legacy Day will be announced at a later date.
GLOBL JAM 2023 marks the second international collaboration between Sportsnet and Canada Basketball since unveiling a multi-year partnership to grow the game of basketball coast-to-coast in February 2021.
About Canada Basketball
Canada Basketball is the National Sporting Organization for the sport of Basketball in Canada. Canada Basketball is respected worldwide and is recognized by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) and the Government of Canada as the sole governing body of the sport of amateur basketball in Canada. Canada Basketball, a not-for-profit organization, represents all basketball interests, provides leadership, coordination and direction in all areas of the sport of basketball.
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of four regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, SN NOW, the Sportsnet Radio Network, sportsnet.ca, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open presented by Rogers, FIBA, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit sportsnet.ca.
Sportsnet – Meghann Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org, (m) 416.258.3296
Canada Basketball – Matthew Walker, email@example.com, (m) 289.244.9993