Pole Vaulter Alysha Newman Ready to Preview #ACWorldTrials on July 25 after Record-Setting Jump
Athletics Canada – World silver medallist Guillaume Ouellet joins #ACWorldTrials athlete panel featuring Bishop-Nriago, Brown, De Grasse and more
Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic stars descend on Montreal July 25-28 for the 2019 Canadian Track & Field Championships and World Trials. The Championships take place at Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard and will serve as the Section Trials for the 2019 IAAF World Championships (Doha, Qatar) and World Para Athletics Championships (Dubai, UAE).
What: Seven elite athletes, including Aaron Brown and Andre De Grasse who will go head-to-head in the 100-metres to determine Canada’s fastest man, Alysha Newman who re-set the bar in women’s pole vault with a jump of 4.77-metres last week and World silver medallist Guillaume Ouellet who’s a local favourite, will assemble at Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard to meet with media representatives to discuss the 2019 Canadian Track & Field Championships and World Championships Selection Trials.
The press conference will be followed by a media and photo opportunity featuring the athletes and special guests. The athletes, as well as Athletics Canada’s Chief Executive Officer David Bedford, High Performance Director Simon Nathan, Head Coach Glenroy Gilbert and Para Performance Lead Carla Nicholls, will be available in scrum format and for brief one-on-ones.
When: Thursday, July 25, at 3:30 p.m.
Where: Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard (inside the building, atrium on the second level), 1000 Avenue Émile-Journault, Montreal, Que.
- Melissa Bishop-Nriagu – World silver medallist, Pan American gold medallist and Canadian record holder in the 800-metres
- Aaron Brown – Olympic/World bronze medallist and Commonwealth Games silver medallist
- Mäité Bouchard – U Sports gold medallist, provincial champion, national team member of 2019 Summer Universiade (FISU) team
- Andre De Grasse – Triple Olympic medallist and Canadian record holder in the 200-metres
- Alexandre Dupont – World gold medallist, Commonwealth Games gold medallist and Paralympic bronze medallist
- Alysha Newman – Commonwealth Games gold medallist and Canadian record holder
- Guillaume Ouellet – World silver medallist, Parapan Am gold medallist and Canadian record holder
- David Bedford, Athletics Canada Chief Executive Officer
- Claude Chagnon, 2019 Canadian Track & Field Championships Event Chair
Click here, to read Athletics Canada’s Championships preview: “Nation’s top track and field athletes ready to shine in best-on-best Canadian Track & Field Championships”.
For more information, including the schedule of events, please visit www.athletics.ca/montreal2019 or connect with us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
Members of the media looking to cover the Championships July 25-28 at Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard are asked to fill-out the media accreditation request form by 5 p.m. today.
Parking will be available at Collège Ahuntsic for $10 per day per vehicle. Please note, cash will not be accepted as a form of payment; therefore, please be prepared to pay using debit or credit at the gate.
For more information, please contact: