ParticipACTION Grants Available Through RCA
Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) is pleased to again assist rowing clubs across the nation access grants to help provide opportunities for communities to be active.
Application Deadline: Monday May 15 at 9am PT.
Returning again this June 1-30, ParticipACTION is offering the Community Challenge, a national physical activity and sport initiative that encourages everyone in Canada to get active!
The Canadian Rowing Community can help individuals accumulate physical activity minutes as part of the Community Challenge. RCA Clubs may apply for grants (max of $5,000 per club) to support the delivery of programming for equity-deserving populations. For the purpose of this grant, equity-deserving groups are defined as: members of the Black, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQQIA+, and racialized communities, newcomers to Canada, low-income populations, and people with a disability.
Examples of programming include come try events, 1-4 week Learn-to-rows, continuation of programming for individuals that recently completed a Learn-to-Row program, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity for clubs to continue the relationship with existing Community Sport For All partners and to create new partnerships in their local communities.
Applications for grants must be submitted by Monday May 15 at 9am PT.
Please complete your grant application online here.
APPLY FOR THE PARITIPACTION GRANT NOW
Grant Expectations and Conditions
- Promote participation in the Community Challenge
- Keep a record of how the grant funds were used
- Track all physical activity minutes from your funded program or event on the Community Challenge website prior to the end of the Challenge on June 30th
- Collect some form of success stories, images and/or testimonial videos to support reporting to funders
- Attest that no other federal and/or government funds are being used to offset the same activity expenses as identified in the application.
- Complete the Community Challenge final report survey (July)
Questions related to your application and requests for support can be directed to Alethia Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org.