Lambert & Iwaasa Win National Team Selection Event
WINNIPEG (November 14, 2022) – Frédérique Lambert (Montréal) and Coby Iwassa (Lethbridge) are the winners at the National Team Selection Event that ran from November 11 to 13 at Sani Sport in Brossard.
Lambert faced Michèle Morissette Saturday’s Women’s Open final, winning 11-5, 11-4, 9-11, 11-7. Iwaasa was to have played Sam Murray in the Men’s Open Final, but Murray withdrew due to an injury prior to the final match.
Both of the Open bronze medal matches went to a tie breaker with Juliette Parent (Saint-Jacques) defeating Danielle Ramsay (Saskatoon) in the Women’s bronze medal match, with scores of 11-8, 11-4, 9-11, 8-11, 11-9. In Men’s Open, Trevor Webb (Kitchener) faced Lee Connell (Saskatoon), winning 5-11, 11-9, 11-5, 3-11, 11-9.
Results from this tournament will be used towards the selection of national teams for next season, as well as well as selection for international tournaments. The next National Team Selection Event will be held in February in Grand Prairie, AB.
Complete results: https://www.trackie.com/online-registration/entry-list/matches/483052/
Final Placement – National Team Selection Event
- Frédérique Lambert, Montréal, QC
- Michèle Morissette, Baie-Comeau, QC
- Juliette Parent, Saint-Jacques, QC
- Danielle Ramsay, Saskatoon, SK
- Cassie Prentice, Saskatoon, SK
- Marjolaine Parent, Saint-Jacques, QC
- Ofelia Wilscam, Repentigny, QC
- Chloé Jauvin, Terrebonne, QC
- Coby Iwaasa, Lethbridge, AB
- Samuel Murray, Saint-Hubert, QC
- Trevor Webb, Kitchener, ON
- Lee Connell, Saskatoon, SK
- Mitch Brayley, Calgary, AB
- Tanner Prentice, Macrorie, SK
- Francis Guillemette, Saint Antoine sur Richelieu, QC
- Michael Leduc, Baie-Comeau, QC
- Nathan Jauvin, Terrebonne, QC
- Cole Slamko, Calgary AB
- Naman Gauri, Lethbridge, AB
- Sean Sauvé, Mercier, QC
- Christian Pocsai, New Hamburg, ON
- Leyton Gouldie, Brandon, MB
- Asher Pocsai, New Hamburg, ON
- Tommy Murray, St-Basile-le-Grand, QC
- Raphael Guillemette, Saint Antoine sur Richelieu, QC
Racquetball Canada is the National Sport Organization for the sport of racquetball. As a member of the Canadian Olympic Committee, our mission is to coordinate, govern and encourage the advancement of racquetball from the grassroots to the elite level across Canada. Our vision is to be a visible, vibrant sport enjoyed coast to coast by Canadians of all ages and abilities. For more information visit our website.
Communications, Diversity & Safe Sport Director
firstname.lastname@example.org I 306.502.4422