Get ready for the second edition of the Canadian eSailing Championship
New season set to start Monday, January 17, and to end with finale on April 7
Kingston, January 13, 2022 – Sail Canada is pleased to announce the launch of the second season of its Canadian eSailing Championship, which will start January 17 and end on April 7 with a live final event.
For this second edition, participants will have two opportunities to qualify for the live finals which will showcase 20 participants:
- Like last year, participants will be able to earn points through the different races held on the Virtual Regatta Inshore platform. The top 10 Canadians in the overall ranking on March 30 will move on to the Canadian eSailing Championship live finals.
- The community circuit is a new feature this year. Organizations that are part of the Sail Canada membership will each be invited to organize their own internal championship. By holding a minimum of five races with a minimum of five participants, organizations could send one, two or three participants to the Canadian eSailing Championship semi-final series on March 26-27, depending on the number of participants or number of races organized. From this semi-final series, 10 participants will join the 10 others for the live finals.
The Notice of Race as well as details for the community circuit are available on Sail Canada’s website at www.sailing.ca/esailing.
Great prizes from Helly Hansen
Once again this year, Helly Hansen, the official apparel partner and outfitter for the Canadian Sailing Team, is a Proud Supporter of the Canadian eSailing Championship.
Following the Final, Helly Hansen will prize the top 3 finishers with amazing kit valued at close to $2000 in total:
- 1st place: a jacket and pant, total value up to $800;
- 2nd place: a jacket and Duffle bag, total value up to $600;
- 3rd place: a jacket, total value up to $400.
*subject to availability
Sign up and don’t miss out on the Canadian eSailing Championship
Participants and anyone interested in taking part in the Canadian eSailing Championship can register:
-through the mailing list for the competition at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduFISjLZwudnNrn8kJWh_dlWECR-T0nekUrshC0z0X_EYJTA/viewform?usp=sf_link;
-as well as through the Facebook group for the Canadian eSailing Championship at https://www.facebook.com/groups/canesailingchamp.
The sport of eSailing is gaining so much popularity that, last year, it was integrated to the International Olympic Committee’s Olympic Virtual Series, the first-ever Olympic-licensed event for physical and non-physical virtual sports, which include baseball, cycling, rowing and motor sport.
About Sail Canada
Established in 1931, Sail Canada is the national governing body for the sport of sailing in the country. Sail Canada is a leading international sailing nation, proud of its world class athletes, lifelong participants and inclusive culture. The organization and its members are committed to excellence by developing and training its leaders, athletes, sailors, instructors, coaches and officials. With the valued support from our partners, the Provincial Sailing Associations and our member clubs, schools, organizations and stakeholders, sailing is promoted in all its forms. By setting standards and delivering programs from home pond to podium for Canadians of all ages and abilities, from dinghies to keelboats, cruising to navigation, windsurfing to powerboating and accessible sailing, Sail Canada sets sail for all, sail to win and sail for life.
A sport in the Olympic program since the first Games in 1896, except in 1904, the pursuit of success in these Games is what fuels the focus of Sail Canada as Canadian athletes have so far achieved nine Olympic and five Paralympic medals.
– 30 –