Expression of Interest- Ottawa Sport Council Board of Directors
The Ottawa Sport Council is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic individual with a passion for community sport to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
The Ottawa Sport Council is a non-profit organization dedicated to representing sport in the nation’s capital. We strive to create and nurture sport environments that everyone can enjoy, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, culture, income-level and ability. As an advocate of sport, we work to:
- Educate- From summit workshops to webinars, we provide free training opportunities to stakeholders.
- Advocate- OSC serves as a ‘spokes-organization’, creating public awareness campaigns and providing digital marketing services for area sport organizations.
- Give – Through the Ottawa Sport Council Foundation, we to support new projects which improve inclusivity in sport
OSC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
The Ottawa Sport Council operates within a Competency Governance Model. Currently we are seeking a candidate with Legal Expertise to join our Board. A passion for community sport and an understanding of its importance to Ottawa is essential. The ability to communicate effectively in both official languages is a strong asset.
The Board term is two years. The Ottawa Sport Council Board meets in person or by teleconference (after work hours) 4-8 times per year.
- guidance regarding legal matters which may arise with respect to the Ottawa Sport Council
- guidance and leadership to the Executive Director for implementation of strategic and operational plans;
- review of agenda and supporting materials prior to board meetings;
- approval of annual budget and audit reports;
- representation of the Ottawa Sport Council to stakeholders
- champion of the organization and of community sport
Any individual, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older, who is a resident of Canada as defined in the Income Tax Act, who has the power under law to contract, who has not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country, and who does not have the status of bankrupt, may be nominated for election as a Director.
Expression of Interest:
Please send a CV plus statement of interest to Marcia Morris, Executive Director, Ottawa Sport Council by April 24, 2020.
For further information, please contact:
Executive Director, directrice générale
About Ottawa Sport Council
As the unified voice of amateur sport in Ottawa, the Ottawa Sport Council (OSC) facilitates advocacy and growth for all community sport organizations
We believe that there should only be positive experiences in sport