Equestrian Canada Searching for Passionate Equestrians to Join the Jumping Committee
Ottawa, ON, May 19, 2020 – Are you looking for a fulfilling way to make a difference in the Canadian jumping community? Are you passionate about using your experience and abilities to contribute to the development of the hunter/jumper discipline nationwide? If the answer is yes, apply by June 15, 2020, to volunteer on the Equestrian Canada (EC) Jumping Committee!
What is the EC Jumping Committee?
The Jumping Committee (an operational committee of EC) is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of hunter/jumper sport in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff, to provide assistance in implementation of the respective mandates.
What does the EC Jumping Committee do?
Specific responsibilities of the Jumping Committee include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies, and performance targets for the ongoing development of hunter/jumper in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of the Committee’s annual operational priorities and performance targets, and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations, and services related to the development of hunter/jumper.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to hunter/jumper.
- Interfacing as a unit with the equestrian community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges, and achievements within hunter/jumper.
- Providing strategic counsel to the EC Director of High Performance on matters concerning High Performance programs and services.
What is the process for selecting Jumping Committee members?
Committee members will be appointed by the CEO. In appointing members, the CEO will solicit recommendations from the Chair and Committee members, and/or may solicit expressions of interest from the relevant, qualified equestrian community.
There are two positions to be filled for 2020. Committee members will be appointed for a term of three (3) years ending in 2023. Each member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be in good standing with EC and hold a valid Sport Licence.
For further information on the Jumping Committee’s operational policy, please view the EC Operational Committee Manual.
How Can I Apply?
Individuals are invited to submit their resume along with an expression of interest highlighting their unique qualifications to serve on the Committee to:
Manager of Sport – Jumping
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is June 15, 2020 – don’t wait, apply today!
For further application information, including a detailed list of the core competency considerations, please contact Karen Hendry-Ouellette at email@example.com.
– 30 –