Coaching Association of Canada brings together sport leaders from across the country for second virtual Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference
Coaching Association of Canada brings together sport leaders from across
the country for second virtual Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference
OTTAWA, ON, November 3, 2022 – The Coaching Association of Canada™ (CAC) is pleased to once again bring together more than 700 delegates comprised of coaches, researchers, sport executives, and administrators for the 2022 Petro-Canada™ Sport Leadership sportif conference (#SLS22). From November 10 – 12, delegates will benefit from three days of learning, professional development, and networking. For the first time, delegates can choose to attend the conference in-person or access some sessions and activities remotely. The in-person events will be held at the Westin Ottawa Hotel.
The conference theme this year, A Tribute to Perseverance, is an ode to the incredible demonstrations of resilience, courage, and empathy shown by the sport community. SLS22 is a chance to recognize the loss and adversity we have faced, to commemorate how far we’ve come, and to celebrate the opportunities
that lie before us. The conference theme honours the perseverance and passion at the heart of this journey.
The conference schedule is packed with engaging keynote presentations, breakout sessions, and networking activities. Visit the conference
webpage to view the full schedule and register online. The last day for registration for in-person attendance is November 4.
“A Tribute to Perseverance is a call for all of us to recognize the collaborate efforts we have made over the past two years,” says Lorraine Lafrenière, Chief Executive Officer of the CAC. “Sport has been a vital part of the recovery plan in Canada as we navigated the return to normalcy after disruption. SLS22 is an
opportunity for sport leaders to reflect and share knowledge in order to continue that transition and drive sport forward.”
Benoît Huot, one of Canada’s most decorated Paralympic athletes, is back to guide delegates through the three days of learning as the conference emcee. He will be joined by plenary and workshop presenters with a variety of expertise and experience. They include, but are not limited to:
- Unstoppable YOU – Unstoppable Tracy, presented by Petro-Canada
- Master of his Destiny – Patrice Bernier, presented by Durant Barristers
- A Spot on the Brain – Healing & Truth – Jesse Wente, presented by Tourism Calgary
- Mental Health Powers Performance – Jennifer Misurelli (Canadian Centre for Mental Health and Sport)
- How Failure Shapes Team Innovation – André Lachance (Cirque du Soleil)
- Supporting Coaches in Para Sport – Jenny Davey (Canadian Paralympic Committee), Marie-Pier
Charest (Coaching Association of Canada), and Michael Frogley (Own the Podium)
- Mindset Matters – Impacts of Concussion on Mental Health – Dr. Karolina Urban
- The Intersection of Coaching and Inclusion – Andrew Paris (CSI Atlantic)
Canada’s sport leaders will also be celebrating the 2022 award recipients at the 2022 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala on Friday, November 11.
Key Points to Remember:
- Register by November 4 (for in-person attendance) to receive all email updates and tips to make the most of your event experience.
- Visit coach.ca to view the full event schedule and learn more about the conference presenters and session topics.
For more information on the 2022 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference, you are invited to engage through a variety of digital channels:
For media inquiries:
Manager, Marketing and Communications
Coaching Association of Canada
About the Coaching Association of Canada
The Coaching Association of Canada unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds
competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.