Canoe Kayak Canada Launches 2020 Virtual Summit
Canoe Kayak Canada began meetings this week as part of the 2020 Virtual Summit. Below is an update on the Summit activities that will run for several weeks.
1. Annual Discipline meetings are being organizing by the Chairs of the Marathon and Whitewater Councils. Separate emails and meeting invitations either have or will be sent out shortly, with meeting dates.
2. Annual Meeting of Sprint Discipline Members – November 21st, 2020 (10:45 am to 12:30 pm – EST)
Further to previous communications, please register for this Sprint Members Meeting if you haven’t already done so. Please note that the agenda is now available by accessing the link below, and materials will be added in the lead up to the meeting.
3. Special Meeting of CKC Members – November 21st, (1:00 pm to 2:30 pm – EST)
Additionally, please find the registration and meeting documentation links for the Meeting of CKC Members below. The agenda for this meeting is now available and materials, including our Annual Update/Report will be available prior to the meeting. RegistrationMeeting Documents
4. CKC Safe Sport Webinars
As part of our Virtual Summit, you will have received an update on CKC’s Safe Sport Policy along with a notice for a series of Webinars intended to provide an overview of the policy and how it will work for each Member. Please find the update here.
As a reminder, the dates for the Webinars are as follows;
- Club and Member Organization Webinar: November 19, 2020 – 7:30 PM EST
- Athlete Webinar: November 26, 2020 – 7:30 PM EST
- Club Webinar – Français: December 3, 2020 – 7:30 PM EST
5. Sprint Competition Development NCCP Workshop
Canoe Kayak Canada will be piloting a sprint Competition Development workshop series in an online format with eight webinars being hosted with a blend of NCCP learning facilitators, expert guests and National Team coaches. Registration is currently at capacity for this workshop series but coaches that are interested in starting their competition development pathway may contact James Cartwright at email@example.com for more details.
6. National Coaches Meeting- November 24th, (1:00 – 2:00 pm EST) Canoe Kayak Coaches from across Canada are invited to attend the annual coaches meeting. Coaches who wish to attend this meeting are asked to register for this meeting here.
7. Mental Health in Sport: Coaches Role – December 2nd (1- 2pm pm EST) The COVID-19 Crisis has put further stain on the already difficult role that Coaches play in our CKC Community. CKC is offering this session led by Krista Van Slingerland, Executive Director of the Canadian Centre for Mental Health in Sport, which she has designed to increase coaches’ comfort and competency in noticing and addressing mental health concerns in athletes and themselves and promoting positive mental health through coaching practice. To Register for this session here.
8. CKC 2020 Awards CKC will be announcing two recipients for the annual Club Development and Coach Developer awards during the 2020 Summit. The Club Development Award will be presented to a coach, club leader or volunteer who has clearly demonstrated his or her abilities at developing a club or the sport through grassroots programs such as creating a new club or program or promoting the sport through the club. The Coach Developer Award will be presented to a coach who contributes to the training of new Canoe Kayak coaches outside of, or in addition to their regular coaching duties.
Nominations can be submitted online before end of day Sunday November 15.
Thanks for your attention to the above and please contact Laurel MacAdam at; firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any immediate questions.
We look forward to your participation.