Canadian archery team heading to Antalya for World Cup
OTTAWA, ON – Canada is kicking off the Hyundai Archery World Cup by sending five athletes to Antalya, Turkey, to compete in the first stage. This competition will be the first chance these athletes have to shoot internationally this year.
The five athletes going are:
- Eric Peters (ON)
- Andrew Azores (ON)
- Stephanie Barrett (ON)
- Andrew Smollett – (AB)
- Devaang Gupta (ON)
The members of the technical leadership team who will accompany the athletes are:
- Ron van der Hoff, Interim National Coach Advisor
- Soha Mahmoud, Junior Recurve Coach
- Alan Brahmst, High Performance Director
Eric Peters has made seven appearances at World Cup stages in the time that he’s been active on the international archery stage. Andrew Azores will be attending his second World Cup stage in Antalya, after competing in Paris last year. This will also be the second World Cup Stage for Andrew Smollett and Devaang Gupta. Over the last two international competitive seasons, Stephanie Barrett has shot in five World Cup stages, her best placing being 9th in Medellin in July 2022.
The 2023 season boasts many important events, including the World Championships and the Pan American Games, both of which hold opportunities to earn quota spots for the Paris 2024 Olympics.
- April 18 – Official practice and compound qualification round
- April 19 – Compound team matches & recurve qualifications
- April 20 – Recurve team & compound individual matches
- April 21 – Mixed team & recurve individual matches
- April 22 – Compound finals
- April 23 – Recurve finals
For more information, please contact:
Zoe Meil, Communications & Safe Sport Coordinator
(613) 260-2113 ext. 3