Call for Nominations – Canadian Commonwealth Sport Awards
Commonwealth Games Association of Canada – Call for Nominations – Canadian Commonwealth Sport Awards
Award of Merit (Builder): An individual who has made distinguished, lasting and valuable contributions to furthering the aims and objectives of Commonwealth Games Canada (CGC) and the Commonwealth Games Foundation of Canada (CGFC), both domestically and internationally. Builder nominees may be either active or inactive at the time of their consideration.
Commonwealth Games Canada 2019 Nomination Guidelines & Form
· Nominations should be as detailed as possible. Please include:
o current address of next of kin or preferred contact name if the nomination is made posthumous.
o reflection upon the character and conduct of the person or persons nominated.
o This information should be supported by two (2) letters of reference from exemplary individuals from the organization and/or community.
o Please provide a photo of the nominated person, if available.
o Please feel free to attach information as well as completing the attached form.
- All costs relating to the nomination are the responsibility of the nominator(s).
· Nominations must be emailed to email@example.com, by 9:00a.m. ET on APRIL 29, 2019. Only nominations received by this deadline will be considered.
· All nomination packages will be acknowledged by reply email on the date received. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact the CGC office staff by 4:30p.m. on the following business day.
· Only completed nomination forms will be submitted to CGC’s Awards and Recognition Committee.
· CGC’s Awards & Recognition Committee is comprised of individual members from across Canada. In considering nominations, the Committee may:
o verify any information submitted
o seek further information on the nominee(s)
All candidates will be nominated and selected based on the following criteria:
· length of time associated with the Commonwealth sport movement;
· influence on the growth of the Commonwealth sport movement;
· distinguished, lasting and valuable contributions.
· Individual Nominees must be a Canadian citizen
· Nominations will not be accepted for previous recipients of the same category.
For further clarification, please contact Kelly Laframboise at 613-244-6868 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * * *