Accreditation now open for FINA World Junior Diving Championships
OTTAWA, November 14th, 2022 – Members of the media are invited to attend the 2022 FINA World Junior Diving Championships taking place at the Montreal Olympic Park’s Sport Centre from November 27th to December 4th. Over 250 divers from 40 nations will be in action.
The application for media accreditations is now open and can be submitted to the organizing committee using an online form.
The accreditation is also valid for the 2022 Junior International High Diving Championships, which is held in conjunction with the FINA World Junior Diving Championships. This event is the first-ever international event for junior high divers and will feature 32 divers from 9 nations.
- Thursday, November 24th – Media open house from 12:30 to 2:30 pm
- Sunday, November 27th – Opening ceremonies, mixed team event and rip contest (no-splash entry contest judged by international high diving and diving super stars including Lysanne Richard, Molly Carlson, Aidan Heslop and Oleksiy Prygorov)
- Saturday December 3rd and Sunday December 4th – world’s first junior high diving international competition
Canada will be represented by 16 promising divers and eleven high divers. Divers will be divided into two age groups: athletes aged 16-18 will compete in Group A while athletes aged 14-15 will compete in Group B.
Headlining the team are national team members Renée Batalla, a senior national champion on 10m and member of the 2022 Commonwealth team, as well as Matt Cullen, a gold medallist on platform from the 2021 Pan American Junior Championships.
Girls – Diving
- Renée Batalla (Victoria, BC | platform | Group A)
- Presley Deck (Saskatoon, SK | 1m, 3m, platform | Group B)
- Alexa Fung (London, ON| 1m, 3m | Group B)
- Katelyn Fung (London, ON | 1m, 3m | Group A)
- Mathilde Laberge (Montreal, QC | 3m, platform | Group B)
- Kate Miller (Ottawa, ON | platform | Group A)
- Sonya Palkhivala (Pointe-Claire, QC | 1m, 3m | Group A)
Boys – Diving
- Noah Bernard (Toronto, ON | 1m, 3m |Group A)
- Chris Booler (Beaconsfield, QC | 3m | Group A)
- Arnaud Corbeil (Terrebonne, QC | 3m, platform | Group B)
- Matt Cullen (Rosemère, QC | platform | Group A)
- Luc Goertzen (Calgary, AB | 1m, 3m | Group B)
- Emmitt Reesor (Waterloo, ON | 1m | Group A)
- Blessing Roche (Montreal, QC | 1m | Group B)
- Samuel Talbot (Brossard, QC | platform | Group B)
- Geoffrey Vavistas (Toronto, ON | platform | Group A)
Girls – High Diving
- Kelly-Ann Tessier (Blainville, QC | Group B)
- Caitlyn Padgett (Whitby, ON | Group B)
- Anna Whylie (Winnipeg, MB | Group B)
- Laurie-Anne Savard (Montreal, QC | Group B)
- Simone Leathead (Laval, QC | Group A)
Boys – High Diving
- Charles-Antoine Labadie (Laval, QC | Group B)
- Noland Lazary (Pickering, ON | Group B)
- Carter Baker (Langley, BC | Group A)
- Frédéric Gagné (Montreal, QC | Group A)
- Alex Tiaglei (Winnipeg, MB | Group A)
- Adam Cohen (Winnipeg, MB | Group A)
About the FINA 2022 World Junior Diving Championships
Tickets, schedule and web stream links are available through https://diving.ca/montreal2022
Diving Canada would like to acknowledge the generous financial support of the Government of Canada, the Government of Quebec, the City of Montreal and Tourisme Montréal.
514-475-4540 | email@example.com