National Coaches Week, September 21-29
Join us in celebrating the tremendous positive impact that coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada! September 21-29 marks the fifth annual National Coaches Week and we’re asking for your help to celebrate!
Whether you’re a sport organization, an athlete or participant, parent or coach, administrator or volunteer, we want your help to say #ThanksCoach to coaches across the country.
- Coaches make valuable contributions to the quality of life in communities across Canada.
- Coaching contributes significantly to volunteerism in Canada.
- Coaches develop young athletes’ passion for sport that can carry them on to greater heights.
Coaching by the Numbers:
- More than 1.5 million Canadians have received training in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
- One in seven Canadians will coach at some point in their lifetime.
How to Participate:
Athletes, participants, volunteers, and parents across Canada can participate in many ways during National Coaches Week:
- Download the free National Coaches Week Participation Guide: The National Coaches Week Participation Guide contains promotional graphics, images, social media content, printable postcards and posters, and many other materials that you can use to say #ThanksCoach.
- Diversify your Coaching Portfolio with FREE NCCP eLearning: During National Coaches Week, log into the Locker to access the eLearning modules NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport, NCCP Making Head Way in Sport, NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability, and NCCP Preparing an Emergency Action Plan for free.
- Get Social: Follow National Coaches Week social media activity on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #CoachesWeek and #ThanksCoach. Say #ThanksCoach on Instagram, then tag three of your friends and ask them to do the same. Use the National Coaches Week Facebook profile frame throughout the week to show your support. Watch and share the National Coaches Week official video.
Participate in a community event: Join the celebration in communities across Canada or organize one for your community. You can find events taking place in your province or territory at coach.ca.
- Say “Thanks, Coach” in person: Take a moment to acknowledge the hard work and contributions of your coach, simply by saying “Thanks, Coach” after the practice or game.
National Coaches Week wouldn’t be possible without the support of Provincial / Territorial Coaching Representatives, National Sport Organizations, hundreds of Provincial/Territorial Sport Organizations, Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal Sport Bodies, University teams, thousands of clubs, and the millions of participants and athletes across Canada. This year make sure one of them is you!
In last year’s campaign, nearly 7,000 coaches took a free NCCP eLearning module and close to 12,000 social media posts featured the National Coaches Week hashtags to share a message of thanks. Online, the campaign received more than 43 million impressions thanks to engagement from athletes, coaches, and sport administrators at all levels.
This year, we’re aiming even higher!